[Closed] AppleHDA patching requests

plsh2me

I've made some great progress.  Only minor edits got the volume controls to remain in sync and the volume scale to be fully functional - at least on the internal speakers.  (The headphone scale is debatable but it's close enough, I don't think it is worth worrying about.) 

I did use the codec verbs I had put together from my earlier post in this thread and applied the data to AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Info.plist as described in AppleHDA Binary Patching.  I'm not sure if that made much difference, though.  The data was pretty similar to what was already in there but there was some additional data.  That may be useful when it comes time to work with dock audio output (which I have not tested since I don't have the dock working at all now). 

I think what made the bigger difference was the changes to Platforms.xml.  I updated the path map for the main internal speaker output to include a mixer and a selector. And I moved the amplifier definition from the output node to the selector node.  When I put that back to the way it was in the E6430 Guide's AppleHDA, the problem I was trying to fix return.  When I make the changes described here, the problems go away.  So I'm pretty confident that the Platforms.xml change is the trick that gets it working. 

Attached is the updated AppleHDA kext:  AppleHDA.kext.zip

Note that I did try to make the changes on my original AppleHDA.kext from 10.8.4.  I figured it would be better if I could make the changes new so I could do them on 10.8.5 and then again for Mavericks.  But I lost all audio when I made the changes.  There's a lot of seemingly inconsequential differences between 10.8.2 and 10.8.4 files (most seemingly due to sequence of objects) but obviously something I deemed inconsequential was actually quite consequential.  No idea what it is and since the 10.8.2 kext is working, I'll move forward with that. 

The lingering question I have is if there is a way to boost the volume.  Max volume is now loud, but I'd like it to be louder for those inevitable videos that have a source volume too low.  I've been monkeying around in Platforms.xml, the layout12.xml, and in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver but I got nowhere.  So if anyone has suggestions on how to increase the volume, please reply and let me know!  (And if I do get that, I'll update the kext attached above with those changes.) 

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know that you made progress and got it working to be usable. Well, I've been very busy these days so i couldn't get enough time to take a look at your problem so sorry for this, but i have time tomorrow so i can surely let you know about this if i did find any possibilities.

I'm waiting for Apple to release the sources of 10.8.5 in order to patch. So,  I'll update my post with the patches and patched kexts as soon as Apple releases their sources.

• Moderators

ktbos, I was comparing the AppleHDA with your mod while connected with a headphone and was confuse to find that both versions' sliders are sync'ing.  It turns out that when connected to a headphone, slider syncs, but not when using internal speakers. I thought I should share this find. 

Jake, are you saying that with the AppleHDA from your guide, the controls sync when headphones are plugged in but do not sync when headphones are unplugged?  That sounds right, given what I found: the modification I made was only in the platforms.xml and was only to the internal speaker path, not the headphone path.  So my mod should only have improved the controls for the speakers.  And thus, after my mod, controls should work for either internal speaker or for headphones. 

If I read that wrong and perhaps you are saying that my mod only works with headphones for you and that controls do not sync with internal speaker, that is definitely different than what I am experiencing.  And if this is the case, I'd be interested to see your codec dump. 

Can someone help me patch my ALC270? I try 3 times but no luck, still No output/input device found. Used AppleHDA from 10.8.3 retail. It seems that I did it wrong somewhere in Platforms.xml. Here's my codec dump, thank you so much.

Sorry for the late reply, here is your patched AppleHDA based on your dump. Try it and let me know.

AppleHDA_ALC270_Patched.zip

Hello. 

I have ALC 275 (ML 10.8.4) and already pached AppleHDA, but have some problems or bugs:

1. Noise from internal speaker if no music or sound

2. When connect USB wireless headphone stack my system and nothing work.

Can somebody help me?

There are my codec and AppleHDA:

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, here is your patched AppleHDA. Try it and let me know.

AppleHDA_ALC275_Patched.zip

Hi

I have 2 question want some people can teach me

1)I want to ask, how can I get my USB SPdif device work in Mod the AppleHDA.kext

2)How can I bin patch my applehda.kext  

It have sound at my int. Speaker and ext. Headphone, but never can show the usb device at the output device

my Audio code is CX20590

OSX 10.8.2

Here are the patched AppleHDA files for testing, Try these and let me know the results.

AppleHDA._CX20590_Patch_test#1.zip

AppleHDA._CX20590_Patch_test#2.zip

• Like 1

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

your guide is excellent but for me it is a "science fiction " :-)

May I ask you to look at my AppleHDA and codec dump?

This kext is from guy from other forum who tried to patch it for me (using layout-id 12) and sound output is working but mic is strange thing. I can see it in devices and when I go to audio input setting, I can also see record level bar is showing activity (tapping laptop chasis with fingers) but when I try to record something using audacity (or making skype test call) playback of recording is very quiet and noisy (tapping fingers) or even when I try to shout. It looks like Mic has very low sensivity (Mic itself is OK, tested under ubuntu). 

Please have mercy and take a look at my files.

--EDIT--

during boot log says:

03.10.2013 23:04:21,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: 0xffffff800ef64500, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0x3017FF00, fPoweredDown: 0
I don't know if this is sth important.

p.s.

sorry for my english, I'm not native.

--

Thanks in advance and best regards,

fingerr. 

AppleHDA-ALC269.zip

code_dumps.zip