Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

These are my /Extra/ and /System/Library/Extensions folders; I have most things working. The only problem I can think of now is that the "nub" doesn't work (though I'm sure there are more)...

Our systems are identical (if you're signature is up to date). The only thing that is different is your wifi card and the fingerprint reader. Try backing up your folders and replacing them with mine. Just remember to include your wifi kext and don't forget to repair permissions.

Sorry about the big file size; Mountain Lion's kexts are pretty big!

http://db.tt/CE0FG8gD

These are my /Extra/ and /System/Library/Extensions folders; I have most things working. The only problem I can think of now is that the "nub" doesn't work (though I'm sure there are more)...

Our systems are identical (if you're signature is up to date). The only thing that is different is your wifi card and the fingerprint reader. Try backing up your folders and replacing them with mine. Just remember to include your wifi kext and don't forget to repair permissions.

I'm having a problem restoring WiFi - what are you using?

What Wi-Fi card do you have? Also, the fingerprint swipe doesn't work no matter what with OS X, I guess it's just there for show, lol.

I'm having a problem restoring WiFi - what are you using?

I am using an external wifi card (Hawking USB Adapter - HWUG1/RT73)

What Wi-Fi card do you have? Also, the fingerprint swipe doesn't work no matter what with OS X, I guess it's just there for show, lol.

The fingerprint reader may be able to work for you; I have a Lenovo T61 with a fingerprint reader. Check out AuthenTec Truesuite for mac (It's free; all you need is the software, not the fingerprint reader itself)...

Tengokuu, After giving it some thought, I believe the WiFi problem is related to the bootloader Chameleon. Different versions have their own quirks. Patel4Prez used the M4300 bootpack with it's bootloader, exchanging only Mariusz' DSDT.aml to eliminate needing to add the GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot flag. You used the Lion version of the E6400/E6500 bootpack, which I later reverted to after seeing your success with it. Shortly after that, my WiFi broke and you had reported the same issue. Different versions of Chameleon play differently with kexts and bundles. I will try to re-create my bootstick, see what we get and maybe we can assemble a working ML bootpack for this model.

I am using an external wifi card (Hawking USB Adapter - HWUG1/RT73)

The fingerprint reader may be able to work for you; I have a Lenovo T61 with a fingerprint reader. Check out AuthenTec Truesuite for mac (It's free; all you need is the software, not the fingerprint reader itself)...

My previous attempts to install Truesuite have been met with the message that the software can't find the reader, thus it won't work. After we get ML up and running properly, I want to see if I can make it recognizable.

Tengokuu, Did you resolve your Black Screen issue? I have resolved the Wi-Fi issue by dropping a IO80211Family.kext into Extra and running a full My Fix. Upon reboot you will see the familiar WiFi icon in the menu bar. You will need to go into network and reset it, but it's back working!

Tengokuu, Did you resolve your Black Screen issue? I have resolved the Wi-Fi issue by dropping a IO80211Family.kext into Extra and running a full My Fix. Upon reboot you will see the familiar WiFi icon in the menu bar. You will need to go into network and reset it, but it's back working!

I never resolved my black screen issue. I'm going to reinstall Mountain Lion later on today and take things slower.

Truesuite doesn't work by the way. I've tried it, and it failed. Reading the E6400/E6500 thread, it appears OS X doesn't see it.

I have been diverted recently, but it appears most things are working well. I haven't tried sleep yet, I've had to re-install a couple of times and want to avoid that if possible, so I want to do it when there are minmal distractions. I'm going to attempt iLife and iWork also to see if they cause any issues. If I can help you with anything, let me know.