Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

The reason I ask about chamelon is because I thought mountain lion would boot a little faster. I'm thinking about trying the boot list from the m2400 boot pack.

Also shutdown and restart hang some times, as well as the computer won't wake up every other try.

The reason I ask about chamelon is because I thought mountain lion would boot a little faster. I'm thinking about trying the boot list from the m2400 boot pack.

Also shutdown and restart hang some times, as well as the computer won't wake up every other try.

Not much more you can do to make it boot faster, lol. Have a good processor, I use the Core 2 Extreme, and a good SSD with good I/O, and enable TRIM. My E6400 boots ALMOST as fast as the MBP with Retina display, but I don't think I'll ever get spot on.

As for the hanging, I get it too, don't know what I can do about it. I still use Lion more than ML for some reason.

I'm still having no luck with shutdown. But i wanted to pass something along that i've noticed, it may help with someone coming up with a solution. If i run my fix right before i shut down it will work every time.

Additional info i am using the e6400 boot pack because the other one gives me a black screen. And i have done nothing to my DSDT.aml

I'm still having no luck with shutdown. But i wanted to pass something along that i've noticed, it may help with someone coming up with a solution. If i run my fix right before i shut down it will work every time.

Additional info i am using the e6400 boot pack because the other one gives me a black screen. And i have done nothing to my DSDT.aml

Try installation procedure from user DaFob. Use myHack, 10.8 lion install disk and his kexts package.

Try installation procedure from user DaFob. Use myHack, 10.8 lion install disk and his kexts package.

I don't think there's anything w/ my method that will fix his problem. I, too, get random shutdown/restart problems exactly as he's described.

I would say that shutting down works 80% of the time, but restart is 50/50. When restart doesn't work, it either stays at the grey screen or kicks you back to the login screen. It might be a DSDT thing so I'll have to go through the file and see if I can fix it there.