Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

I need help. I went to go install ML on my dad's E6400, and all went well until he started using it. His system's keyboard and mouse stopped responding on him while he was using it.

We have the same specs here, but processor, he has a T9900. What BIOS version do you guys use?

(Also, when he restored his OSX Lion account ONLY, no settings, etc, his system didn't boot afterwards (kp.) Whats up with that too.. it should work normally.)

I need help. I went to go install ML on my dad's E6400, and all went well until he started using it. His system's keyboard and mouse stopped responding on him while he was using it.

We have the same specs here, but processor, he has a T9900. What BIOS version do you guys use?

(Also, when he restored his OSX Lion account ONLY, no settings, etc, his system didn't boot afterwards (kp.) Whats up with that too.. it should work normally.)

See if re-installing the PS2 kexts help the keyboard and mouse issue. Occasionally the VoodooHDA can cause that also (try reinstalling).

On mine (an E6500), BIOS is A27, however, I believe those on E6400 are on BIOS revision A32.

On Lion, did you update to 10.7.5? Let us know where the KP is after Verbose boot.

See if re-installing the PS2 kexts help the keyboard and mouse issue. Occasionally the VoodooHDA can cause that also (try reinstalling).

On mine (an E6500), BIOS is A27, however, I believe those on E6400 are on BIOS revision A32.

On Lion, did you update to 10.7.5? Let us know where the KP is after Verbose boot.

We're working with ML here. It turns out he updated to 10.8.2 and that... I guess pissed off VoodooHDA, so I'll back up this current installation before I go ahead and do anything now.

Anywho. I'm still investigating this keyboard/mouse issue. No success so far.

We're working with ML here. It turns out he updated to 10.8.2 and that... I guess pissed off VoodooHDA, so I'll back up this current installation before I go ahead and do anything now.

Anywho. I'm still investigating this keyboard/mouse issue. No success so far.

The VoodooHDA KP is caused by NVidia Graphics needing to be re-edited (they were changed during the 10.8.2 update). I posted a link to the edited kexts at the bottom of the first post. Use Kext Wizard and replace them as with any other kexts. It may be the issue with keyboard and mouse also. Let me know.

Hi I can confirm E6400 on A32 bios running 10.8, I would like to know what steps to take to run the 10.8.2 update, is it install update as per normal then on re boot use the usb stick to get PC up in order to fix the edited kexts?

Also I had to install Flash player to watch video on line and this seems to have screwed Safari 6.0 It now flickers when viewing anything flash, however Chrome works fine so not the end of the world, any help?

Cheers J

Hi I can confirm E6400 on A32 bios running 10.8, I would like to know what steps to take to run the 10.8.2 update, is it install update as per normal then on re boot use the usb stick to get PC up in order to fix the edited kexts?

Also I had to install Flash player to watch video on line and this seems to have screwed Safari 6.0 It now flickers when viewing anything flash, however Chrome works fine so not the end of the world, any help?

Cheers J

Jason, The 10.8.2 update affects the NVidia kexts. The best approach is to use the 10.8.2 Combo Update from the Apple website (make sure not to use the Server update). Make sure Kext Wizard is installed on your system (I keep it in applications). Prior to installing the update, download the 10.8.2 NVidia kexts, the AppleAPCIPlatform.kext and you may need to re-install VoodooHDA.kext (2.7.4). After downloading, move them to your desktop. Download the 10.8.2 Combo update and install (you may get an error that install failed - it most likely didn't). Before restarting, use kext wizard to install the NVidia 10.8.2 kexts and AppleACPIPlatorm.kext to S/L/E, repair permissions with Disk Utility and reboot. It should reboot normally. Check sound. If necessary, re-install VoodooHDA.kext. If all is well, move the kexts to trash and you're done. If any problems, post here and someone will be happy to assist you further.

Jason, The 10.8.2 update affects the NVidia kexts. The best approach is to use the 10.8.2 Combo Update from the Apple website (make sure not to use the Server update). Make sure Kext Wizard is installed on your system (I keep it in applications). Prior to installing the update, download the 10.8.2 NVidia kexts, the AppleAPCIPlatform.kext and you may need to re-install VoodooHDA.kext (2.7.4). After downloading, move them to your desktop. Download the 10.8.2 Combo update and install (you may get an error that install failed - it most likely didn't). Before restarting, use kext wizard to install the NVidia 10.8.2 kexts and AppleACPIPlatorm.kext to S/L/E, repair permissions with Disk Utility and reboot. It should reboot normally. Check sound. If necessary, re-install VoodooHDA.kext. If all is well, move the kexts to trash and you're done. If any problems, post here and someone will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks for advice and help, I will give that a go I'm slightly reluctant to mess this build up though but will give it a go.

Thanks Darvinko your a top man.

See if these attached kexts work better on your system.

untitled folder.zip

sorry for me, those kext don't work, they gave me back the flickering video, so i put back the ones that ML install and it seems that my system is stabble now, the only think that i still don't have is sleep/awake and that when the screen saver start my system gets stuck.

Thank you