Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Darvinko

I would like to say thank you for sharing your knowledge as well as thanking all the peeps that collaborate with their advice.

I follow the first post and worked without a problem so far ...except

how can I make the built-in camera to work? I use Skype and facetime for work all the time. It will be great if you can point me to the right direction.

thank you

Gorgo

Go to the first post in this thread. There is a comprehensive guide to installation.

Darvinko

I would like to say thank you for sharing your knowledge as well as thanking all the peeps that collaborate with their advice.

I follow the first post and worked without a problem so far ...except

how can I make the built-in camera to work? I use Skype and facetime for work all the time. It will be great if you can point me to the right direction.

thank you

Gorgo

I see from your post in the other thread that the problem has been resolved.

Hi all,

First, I love the work that all of you do. You guys are fantastic. I have a Dell E6400 unfortunately with Intel graphics. I've followed the instructions on the first post and created a USB boot stick. It successfully gets to the install screens where I create a new partition with GUID, etc. Immediately after the install starts, I get an error stating "nssoftlinking - the librarian framework's library couldn't be loaded from (null)". Does anyone have a fix? I've googled for an answer to no avail.

Thanks,

Cuong

Hi all,

First, I love the work that all of you do. You guys are fantastic. I have a Dell E6400 unfortunately with Intel graphics. I've followed the instructions on the first post and created a USB boot stick. It successfully gets to the install screens where I create a new partition with GUID, etc. Immediately after the install starts, I get an error stating "nssoftlinking - the librarian framework's library couldn't be loaded from (null)". Does anyone have a fix? I've googled for an answer to no avail.

Thanks,

Cuong

Frankly, that one has me stumped. I tried using a different method to install ML on an HP DC7900 desktop and continually got that error. I tried using different USB's, different OS images, doing security wipes of the hard drive (in case there were remnants of a previous install), booting the installer with different boot flags, etc., all with no luck. The only thing I could find was real Mac users got around it resetting PRAM on their machines. The only things I might suggest are 1. re-downloading the ML image (especially if from a torrent). 2. Re-create your boot stick or, 3. if possible, install using another machine and move the hard drive to your machine. Make sure your machine has the proper settings as outlined in the guide.

Darvinko,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried the things you suggested already - different USB sticks, different image, etc. I even checked the MD5 hash against the images and they're correct. I'm going to try building a USB stick using a real Mac. I'll also try building the image on another machine and swapping the hard drive out.

I'll notify the group as to my findings.

Thanks,

Cuong

Hi all

I have followed the instructions here and still cannot manage to get to the install screen tried 4 different instruction and all the same results.

I have Dell E6400 with Nvidia graphic i got the hdd on AHCI Disabled my wifi and bluetooth.

Using Myhack 3.1.2 with ML 10.8 no matter what i do i get this screen i have 250GB SSD drive in it. i had Lion 10.7.4 before and was working perfect but now trying to install ML but no luck yet.

Am using 120 ssd to install the system and tried it with 8GB MMS and with normal HDD all the same problem.

here is a screen shot. http://friendlygamersclan.com/images_and_files/IMG_0188.JPG

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wafic

Hi all

I have followed the instructions here and still cannot manage to get to the install screen tried 4 different instruction and all the same results.

I have Dell E6400 with Nvidia graphic i got the hdd on AHCI Disabled my wifi and bluetooth.

Using Myhack 3.1.2 with ML 10.8 no matter what i do i get this screen i have 250GB SSD drive in it. i had Lion 10.7.4 before and was working perfect but now trying to install ML but no luck yet.

Am using 120 ssd to install the system and tried it with 8GB MMS and with normal HDD all the same problem.

here is a screen shot. http://friendlygamersclan.com/images_and_files/IMG_0188.JPG

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wafic

Try changing the ACPIPlatform.kext with the one linked near the bottom of the first post. Also, is your image from the Apple Store or torrent and are you sure it is 10.8.0?

Hi Darvinko

Thanks for the help:). Am using Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (12A128P). i had added the ACPIPlatform.kext and got another error http://friendlygamersclan.com/images_and_files/IMG_0189.JPG

Thanks

Edit: Not sure if its the FakeSMC.kext is giving this problem am a noob :(.

My mistake, you clearly indicated 10.8, but I read 10.8.2. Did you use the IOPCIFamily.kext to replace the original as indicated in the initial post? The instructions are in the preparing the installer section. It is important to run my fix (Full) after doing this.

I have followed the instruction correctly and still getting panic error, also tried the files listed in this thread and no luck E6400.

Laptop specs:

CPU T9500 2.60GHZ

Memory 8GB ram

Nvidia graphic

Finger print

Bluetooth

Dell 1397 wireless

Mobile broadband 5530 HSPA

Main SSD 240GB and 128GB SSD replace the DVD Driver

Bios A32 <---- Not sure if this is the problem why i cannot get to the install screen always Panic errors?

Here the last attempt i tried in a min ago with the above Extras folder.

http://friendlygamersclan.com/images_and_files/IMG_3413.JPG

i have tried every thing on the forum and no luck, don't know if there is a working files for my laptop.

Thanks