Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

For those looking to update your E6400/E6500 Latitudes, it appears that there are no issues when doing so. I used the App Store update (which in my case included updates for iMovie, iTunes and iPhoto). After downloading, I restarted to install the 10.8.4 update (the others don't require a restart to install) and upon completion saw a message that indicated all updates couldn't be installed - an unknown error occurred. This wasn't the case, as the machine updated just fine, with no need to modify or re-install any kexts. A check of software update also indicated no updates were available. I also repaired disk permissions after the update. If you should encounter a problem, check the first post in this thread for any available work arrounds. Although this appeared too be the case, the update added an AppleACPIPlatform.kext into S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) - version 1.7, which will conflict with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext in E/E (Extra/Extensions) - version 1.3.5 when rebuilding caches, and cause problems. Go into S/L/E and delete the AppleACPIPlatform.kext by right clicking on it and moving it to trash. Then go in Applications, click on MyHack, add your password and choose to run MyFix on your ML 10.8.4 drive. When given the option, choose to run a Full MyFix. It will rebuild your permissions and caches and eliminate the issue. Another issue that has arisen with the 10.8.4 update, as Apple implements new WiFi protocols, it appears support for some cards has been impacted, currently the DW1395, which is a full sized card used in the D Series Latitudes and a few others, where the connection seems to have been broken by the update. It appears the DW1510 is currently safe from issues (not sure about others, we'd like to hear about your WiFi if you're having issues, so we can document working hardware and look for solutions if impacted).

Thanks to Bronxteck (and Herve who confirmed Bronxteck's diagnosis) for pointing out what I overlooked.

I presume this issue is in 10.8.3, not the latest update. I also presume you installed by MyHack. Have you tried running a MyFix (Full) on this volume to rebuild caches and permissions? MyHack was placed in your Applications folder during install (if you used that method), so you can run it from there. Just make sure you choose the MyFix option after opening MyHack, that you have chosen to run it on you ML drive and chose full fix. If there is not a discernable difference, you can re-enable Speedstepping

I started with a disk image I believe someone had made for the e6400 for 10.8.2 and replaced many of the kexts you and others have posted here so I don't have myhack etc. I suppose i'll try some afternoon and set up from scratch on another partition as in your guide here so i'm comparing apples & apples... so to speak

I started with a disk image I believe someone had made for the e6400 for 10.8.2 and replaced many of the kexts you and others have posted here so I don't have myhack etc. I suppose i'll try some afternoon and set up from scratch on another partition as in your guide here so i'm comparing apples & apples... so to speak

We advocate the use of MyHack here for good reason, it has proven to be a reliable method and a method we are familiar with, giving us the ability to diagnose issues that pop up more easily. Following the guide posted here will allow you to understand these things as well, since you gain some hands on experience as well as a resource to diagnose and remedy your own issues based on others experience and expertise. Generally, you can gain enough knowledge through the process to not have to rely on others. That is the goal of documenting each step, helping others understand the relationship between the software and hardware and between different aspects of the software. Hopefully, using the guide will empower you to assist others.

i had no luck installing the official mountain lion. after a few days, i downloaded iFail ml2 and it installed on the system but when i get to the first boot it just hanges on the apple screen. when i boot with -v it hanged on IOBluetoothhcicontroller {complete} any ideas? 

i have the E6410 with intel video 4g, I5 Intel core

i had no luck installing the official mountain lion. after a few days, i downloaded iFail ml2 and it installed on the system but when i get to the first boot it just hanges on the apple screen. when i boot with -v it hanged on IOBluetoothhcicontroller {complete} any ideas? 

i have the E6410 with intel video 4g, I5 Intel core

At the point where you get to IOBluetoothhcicontroller (completed), it is as stated - complete. It is at this point where the framebuffers usually start loading, so I would assume it's Graphics related. The architecture is different from mine, but Patel4Prez has a pretty complete thread on the E6410 which might be of help, but again, is based on the MyHack installation process. 

At the point where you get to IOBluetoothhcicontroller (completed), it is as stated - complete. It is at this point where the framebuffers usually start loading, so I would assume it's Graphics related. The architecture is different from mine, but Patel4Prez has a pretty complete thread on the E6410 which might be of help, but again, is based on the MyHack installation process. 

i have  intel core m5-20 with the intel graphics  had followed his guide originally and it loads up the installer and when it starts installing it just freezes there and throws me a error log here is the file for my error log 

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1695-e6410-mountain-lion-guide/?p=19994

i have tried everything i could i already have a desktop hackintosh but im looking foward to making my latitude a hackintosh 

From what I saw in that thread, you got good advice. Make sure that kexts that were to be deleted actually were, permissions and kext caches need to be rebuilt after addition or removal of kexts - make sure you are doing that. When using MyHack, it is as simple as opening MyHack up, choosing to run MyFix (usually Full, not Quick - this option will come up automatically), and making sure that you're choosing the installer to rebuild permissions and kext caches on, not the hard drive. For people who have less experience, this makes the process easier. You should also read the whole thread, as your solution might already be there. Currently, there has been an update to one operating system and the release of another and most people here are working on issues with those and honestly don't have the time right now to cover territory already covered, it will take some effort on your part

after messing around with a bunch of settings i finally got my hackintosh installed. i got a near perfect install wit the iFail lm2, the only small issue i have in the Graphics is there any ways to get QE on the INtel HD GMA that came with e6410? im gonna order my broadcom wifi card tomorrow so i could get my wifi working, it would be nice to have a stable 1.8 mountain on my laptop