Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

I've noticed a small issue w/ sleeping.

I reread this thread and it seems like it should be working but just wanted to double check

Basically what i'm seeing is if the laptop goes to sleep (either timeout or Finder -> Sleep) the screen turns off but that's all.. keyboard lights stay on, fan still running at high speed, etc.

Once it goes into this state though it won't wake back up and only way to reset it to hard power off and back on.

running 10.8.2.

updated Nvidia drivers found in the first post

If it should be working OK, any direction on what to look for would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:   reread the first post and this time noticed the comment about some people having problems with sleep/shutdown/reboot.   (this is what happens when you play after a long day of work)  - trying a few suggestions i read about and will update if i find a good solution.

EDIT 2:  SleepEnabler + Disabler seems to resolve the issue.  Sleeping is working now.   Used the SleepEnabler posted a few pages back and the Disabler from HERE

I just thought I'd say first off, as a new member, that you all are awesome.

Now... I have an E6400 as well.

I've been able to get pretty far with mountain lion, but things that aren't working right now are:

Sleep (I used DaFOB's method, it didn't work, it didn't even shut down right the first time, and now the only thing that works is shutdown, I tried sleep enabler, I feel like I did something wrong because it KP'ed so I'm reinstalling)

Audio (I used VooDooHDA 2.7.4 and it was better, however the controls became useless.)

And finally WiFi I got working, however it wasn't able to be fixed by that intel driver, I had to look elsewhere for the broadcom one.

Before I had a go at SleepEnabler (not the one listed as working on this page) I had everything except audio, and obviously sleep working.

If there is anyone who can help on here, please let help :)

I just thought I'd say first off, as a new member, that you all are awesome.

Now... I have an E6400 as well.

I've been able to get pretty far with mountain lion, but things that aren't working right now are:

Sleep (I used DaFOB's method, it didn't work, it didn't even shut down right the first time, and now the only thing that works is shutdown, I tried sleep enabler, I feel like I did something wrong because it KP'ed so I'm reinstalling)

Audio (I used VooDooHDA 2.7.4 and it was better, however the controls became useless.)

And finally WiFi I got working, however it wasn't able to be fixed by that intel driver, I had to look elsewhere for the broadcom one.

Before I had a go at SleepEnabler (not the one listed as working on this page) I had everything except audio, and obviously sleep working.

If there is anyone who can help on here, please let help :)

Sleep has always been a hit or miss issue with these, if you are successful, post how you got it working for others to see. I for one have never gotten true sleep working on my E6500, but for me, the sleep to ram is fine. VooDooHDA 2.7.4 works reasonably well, there are some possibilities of reworking audio, but nothing definite yet. Intel WiFi cards are not supported by OSx, your best bet is a Broadcom one, search on eBay foe DW1510 (or PW934, same card, just listed differently - sometimes cheaper this way). Let us know if you need help.

Good News on the 10.8.3 update. Installed updates (also needed AirPort Utility, iTunes and RAW Compatability for iPhoto) to a backup drive, rebooted to a KP (caused by VooDooHDA 2.7.4), rebooted again, same result. Rebooted into Safe Mode, used USB mouse (keyboard worked fine), deleted VooDooHDA.kext. Next reboot went fine (of course no audio). Installed latest VooDooHDA 2.8.2, rebooted fine and with audio. Repaired permissions, multiple normal reboots. Just a note: if you're happy with the audio kext you can try deleting it and re-installing it after a reboot, it will often work properly after a re-install.

Hey Darvinko,

Did you have to do modify the nVidia kexts?  I tried updating to 10.8.3 and it never boots back into the OS.  Seems to be stuck loading graphics like before.  So tried modifying the 2 nvidia kexts but the strings aren't even in these new versions.  Manually added the values and now it KP's on NVDAResman.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind.  Figured it out.  Stupid me forgot to modify the 3rd kext (GeForce.kext).  After replacing these 3 files, and doing a repair, system booted back up. 

I'd still like to know how you got yours to 10.8.3 without having to modify the 3 nVidia kexts.

Does anyone else get occasional random lockups of keyboard + mouse?

Everything works great on this (occasionally restart +shutdown fail ) in 10.8.2 with the kexts here but every so often as I'm typing.. it seems to be when a lot of keys are pressed in a short period, it locks up. If I happen to have a USB mouse nearby I can at least select shutdown and try to save things with the mouse.. but it's very frustrating.

Does anyone else get occasional random lockups of keyboard + mouse?

Everything works great on this (occasionally restart +shutdown fail ) in 10.8.2 with the kexts here but every so often as I'm typing.. it seems to be when a lot of keys are pressed in a short period, it locks up. If I happen to have a USB mouse nearby I can at least select shutdown and try to save things with the mouse.. but it's very frustrating.

I've been getting this problem since I've been using Lion. I managed to fix it there, but unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it myself in Mountain Lion.