Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

First of all, great thread.  Thank you for all the hardwork everyone has put into getting this up and running on our devices.

Second,  I'm running into some issues when attempting to install on my E6500.

Specs:

E6500 (dual core)

Nvidia Quatro video card

Dell mini wifi card

No Bluetooth

Installing from a Kingston Traveler 16g usb stick.

I went through the setup w/ the Installer img

MyHack 3.1.2

E6400/6500 pack

Nvidia drivers found in post #43.

The installation USB starts up and I can get into the installer.

Setup my drive and started the installation.

Usually between 0sec and 10sec into the installer (usually as soon as the progress bar appears) I get the Installer Crash log.

Looking through it I see 2 distinct crashes (images are posted -- was too tired to extract full log but can tonight if that would help more)

The Key Crashes I see are

Process:   LCA [296]

Path /Volumes/VOLUME/*/LCA.app/Contents/MacOS/LCA

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispath queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x000000000000002, 0x0000000000000'

Process:  OS X Installer

Parent Process: LCA

Other thing I noticed looking at the logs is there is a number of "LCA *** NSTask : Task create for path '/user/sbin/diskutil' failed: 22, "Invalid argument". Terminating temp"

I doubled checked I have the drive in AHCP mode,

Wifi (and bluetooth settings even though there is not a bluetooth card) are disabled

Thought maybe the img file i had for the source was corrupt so I redownloaded it and went through the setup again with same issue.

Anyone have any idea what might be the cause of these crashes?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

post-8282-0-62687700-1358344320.jpg

post-8282-0-95290300-1358344331.jpg

post-8282-0-91376000-1358344344.jpg

post-8282-0-95587100-1358344352.jpg

The first question usually asked when there is a problem like this is where is the image from? If from a torrent, the corruption is often from the source, a Mac App Store image is best. The two other culprits I would look at are is the drive healthy, been properly formatted and partitioned?, and the same with the flash drive. It may be coincidental, but errors I've experienced of a similar nature were with a Kingston Data Traveler. Also, if using the E6400/6500 bootback, did you remove the Arch key and i386 string from the org.chameleon.boot.plist as indicated in the guide?

I did a lot more playing around last night.

I've tried two different images.   The first one I had was one a coworker gave me so I'm not sure the source but I downloaded the one from the App Store last night and tried that with the same result.

The drive is healthy.. I thought that might be it too but ran some checks on it then fully formatted/partitioned it.

Tried two other flash drives to make sure (totally different brands) that I know are fairly reliable

I was using the E6400/E6500 pack and I did remove the Arch key and value.

The last thing I tried last night was I drug out my Lion image (from the store), went through the processing using that with the same result.

I think tonight I may manually building the boot image and see if somehow MyHack is the issue.   I might also try using a virtualmachine to make the image (building it off my 10.6.7 netbook) just to see if it's something on the netbook that's corrupting the files during the build process.

It's an odd issue though.   Never ran into one quite like this.

Got it working!

Turns out the netbook i was creating the boot disk on was corrupting it somehow.  Not sure if it's the netbook or if it was the fact that i was building it on 10.6.7

Either way I'm up and running.. 

Thanks for the help

Got it working!

Turns out the netbook i was creating the boot disk on was corrupting it somehow.  Not sure if it's the netbook or if it was the fact that i was building it on 10.6.7

Either way I'm up and running.. 

Thanks for the help

Glad you were able to install!

I'm going to attempt to install Mountain Lion again, hoping it's not going to suddenly go into unusable state again. (Keyboard/Trackpad lockup)

Anywho, as I'm downloading the Mountain Lion installer again from the Mac App Store, I noticed that it says that it's on 10.8.2. I have no idea if it's downloading ML with the 10.8.2 update with it... should I be concerned?

I'm going to attempt to install Mountain Lion again, hoping it's not going to suddenly go into unusable state again. (Keyboard/Trackpad lockup)

Anywho, as I'm downloading the Mountain Lion installer again from the Mac App Store, I noticed that it says that it's on 10.8.2. I have no idea if it's downloading ML with the 10.8.2 update with it... should I be concerned?

10.8.2 itself required re-installation of the NVidia kexts but the supplemental update didn't create any new issues. The re-edited kexts for 10.8.2 are at the bottom of the first post. Good Luck.