Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

what type of hp desktop? i have got ml running on an elite 8000 and a dc7800 on the dc7800 shutdown/restart and sleep are a mess. the elite 8000 everything pretty much worked.

I'm trying on a DC7900 SFF with a 3.0GHz but presently stock graphics (Intel HD3000). I tried using an install used by Mosslack over on Google Groups, but with no success. Used my hack, but have had to make multiple mods (frozen cursor, audio, ethernet). Sleep remains the biggest mess and chameleon isn't playing nice with this install. The sleep issue pertains to both me and the machine.

hmm specs say it has 4500, on mine i replace the graphics but have you tried this http://www.osx86.net/view/2866-gma_x-4500-m-mhd-hd_+64_bit_kext.html also you can try cpus=1 for the freezing or use tscsync.kext

My mistake, I was looking at the DC7800 guide (which has the 3100) as that forum indicated the guide they wrote for the DC7800 was compatible despite the different chipsets. I didn't try the install method I PM'd you, but tried utilizing kexts for those graphics to see if I could get QE/CI going (no luck with that yet, probably have to add a dedicated card, wishing I had gone with the CMT for the larger PSU). Like I said, the sleep issue pertains to me also, I've made several trips to Florida to clean/repair my Mom's house, get it on the market and otherwise settle her estate. I've also had my hand's in a friends MacPro 1,1, seeing about getting ML on the old 32 bit system (there's a guide on doing so). It requires two drives, but may be possible with one, so I'm looking into that for possible laptop use.

After install, running my fix and reinstall Chameleon, I'm getting the cursor frozen in the top left corner. If I boot with either -x or -f flags, it responds normally, but I would prefer to find the problematic kext. Neither cpus=1 or tscsync.kext helped with that issue. When you say sleep is messed up with yours, do you mean, never truely sleeping, just white screen? That's what I'm getting with this one. Sorry, I haven't tried the Graphics kext yet as my daughter just got home from work with cars issues. Her VW's EPC light is on and the vehicle is in "Limp Mode" - Oh joy!

Alright, with ML on an E6400 nVidia I've noticed 2 issues,

1.) Sleep partially works. With suspend to ram enabled I can sleep, but upon wakeup my mouse does not work at all (nor does one connected via USB) but the keyboard does work.

2.) My 2.93 GHz processor runs at 2.8 GHz. While not that much difference (what, 193 MHz difference?) when running Adobe After Effects CS5 it does matter.

The thing that's really annoying is the sleep issue, as I need sleep to work for classes, until I can get a new battery I have maybe an hour and a half charge for a 2 hour class. Running Linux\Windows I just put my laptop to sleep in dead fime (and use lowest screen brightness) but running Mountain Lion I can't do that, but at least I can wake up from sleep, that never worked in Lion.

• Administrators

[...]

2.) My 2.93 GHz processor runs at 2.8 GHz. While not that much difference (what, 193 MHz difference?) when running Adobe After Effects CS5 it does matter.

[...]

That sounds like a side effect of Dynamic Acceleration being enabled in the BIOS. Your CPU has that IDA feature as far as I know and, if it's enabled in the BIOS, disable it. IDA-enabled D630s or D830s do display lower than expected frequencies.

If your "About this Mac" info displays a lower than expected frequency, check what the Simulated SpeedStep tool provides in its list.

On a T9800, you would expect steps of 266MHz: 2.93Ghz, 2.66GHz, 2.39GHz, 2.13GHz, 1.86GHz, etc. to whatever lowest FID (FSB multiplier) your CPU supports.

Under the current setup, update to 10.8.2 appears to cause a KP on reboot (I've tested this on two separate hard drives) with the incompatability relating to the VooDooHDA 2.7.4 kext. I get the installed failed error (as do many), and with subsequent restarts, the KP. My update notification included both the 10.8.2ML update and the iTunes update and I tried installing the ML update both together with the iTunes update and separately, and got KP's with both attempts. I will be trying to update prior to installation of the VooDooHDA.kext to see if that works and try to resolve the Audio issue afterwards if it does. I suggest holding off on the install of this update until someone is able to get past this issue.

Under the current setup, update to 10.8.2 appears to cause a KP on reboot (I've tested this on two separate hard drives) with the incompatability relating to the VooDooHDA 2.7.4 kext. I get the installed failed error (as do many), and with subsequent restarts, the KP. My update notification included both the 10.8.2ML update and the iTunes update and I tried installing the ML update both together with the iTunes update and separately, and got KP's with both attempts. I will be trying to update prior to installation of the VooDooHDA.kext to see if that works and try to resolve the Audio issue afterwards if it does. I suggest holding off on the install of this update until someone is able to get past this issue.

Another head-scratcher, because I was able to update to 10.8.2 without any issues. I also have the same setup in this thread. Tried the combo update on one E6400 and the App store update on another -> both went fine (though the App store update did give the installation failed error but it didn't seem to matter upon reboot). Just ran update(s) and rebooted w/o issues. I didn't get the Voodoo KP like most do because I'm using AppleHDADisabler.kext. I didn't have to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext (because it's already in the myHack.kext).