Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

Mac os yuornaled.

All the same as for the Mountain Lion. On various forums writes that because boot0o and should change boot01. The terminal area is unknown to me and I go when I can just copy / paste or slowly rewritten. Sorry.

OK, I'm using the whole HDD, one partition, and I have a dual boot. USB and OS X journaled partition. I tried it and MBR and GUID the same result. By now I was preparing USB iMac 10.8.2. Just trying to External 10.6 SL because mountain lion blocking the installation on USB. Can I upgrade Snow Leopard to Mountain lion?

• Administrators

I've never experienced such difficulties. Whether using internal SATA HDD (from 80 to 320GB) or SATA/IDE HDD (from 40 to 250GB) connected via USB ports, I always succeeded in installation Snow Leopard, Lion and/or Mountain Lion on my D630s (GMA and nVidia).

Maybe something wrong of incompatible with your particular HDD, because the recommended process as listed above is pretty much flawless, at least up to basic/initial OS installation.

installed Snow Leopard and EDP for final installation kext. HDD is a WD 320 GB and it will not install Lion Mountain, although previously it was just installed on it. The second HDD that I wanted to put the ML Seagate 500 GB. And it is SL installed but not ML. Snow will upgrade to 10.6.8 and try to upgrade to the ML, if it works.

I just purchased a D630 off of ebay and it should be here this week.  I'm looking forward to experimenting with ML on it.  I have successfully installed ML on a Dell 755 desktop so this wil be my second hack. I purchased a DW1390 wifi card to use with it as I read that the Intel wireless is a no go with ML. Are there any wireless N cards I can use with the D630 that are compatible?

• Administrators

Intel wireless cards are a no go for all recent OS X versions (SL, L, ML).

Regarding 802.11n wifi cards, you can use any model supported by OS X in the D630 as long as it's full size mini-PCIe format. If you get a 1/2-size card, you'll need a bracket to hold/lock the card in situ. Do a little search on the forum and you'll find various threads on the matter. There's also an open list in the R&D H/W section -> LAN&Wireless. Contributions are invited.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-wireless-cards-inventory/