Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

• Administrators
[...]

I have copied the BCM5722D.kext from the bootpack to my desktop for now. 

How/where do I copy it now? I understand that i have to copy it to /E/E, but I seem to be too much of an idiot to find it

[...]

In "/Extra/Extensions", the first "/" means the root/very top level of your hard disc. Once you manage to get your hard disc displayed on your desktop through Finder preferences settings, just double clic on the icon and you will see the folder called "Extra". Open it and you will see a subfolder called "Extensions".

That's where the kexts should go.

Yep thanks very much, as soon as I saw my file system it was all straight forward.

Working like a charm now until I get a working WLAN card for my laptop.

And I somehow have to figure out how to get bluetooth to work, for some odd reason it makes problems both on OSX and Win7.

The blue track-thingy isn't working either, even thoI don't mind much.

• Administrators

you probably need to load the BT driver from dell on windows so it upgrades and activates the firmware. the blue nub on the keyboard does not work with defaul trackpad option but there are other choices in edp you can choose from.

Yep thanks very much, as soon as I saw my file system it was all straight forward.

Working like a charm now until I get a working WLAN card for my laptop.

And I somehow have to figure out how to get bluetooth to work, for some odd reason it makes problems both on OSX and Win7.

The blue track-thingy isn't working either, even thoI don't mind much.

yuri624

One of my D630 used to do that but i just bought a new Bluetooth card and installed it and all was ok. The blue light and everything worked after that. 

• Administrators
My ethernet does not work on my D630 ML is a beast on it. Plus the info says Macbook Air. Is that normal?

Download latest EDP, install it and then run EDPWeb tool (double click EDPweb.command in /Extra). This will restore Ethernet NIC functionality.

Re: MacBook Air being displayed, that is probably the default SMBIOS settings for the D630. Easily changed: edit your SMBIOS plist in /Extra and select the closest to your laptop. Assuming you have the D630 nVidia, the closest entry should be MacBookPro 3,1; note that this is just cosmetic and does not affect the way your D630 runs ML.

Herve

I think this site is the best thing since SLICED BREAD...lol

Download latest EDP, install it and then run EDPWeb tool (double click EDPweb.command in /Extra). This will restore Ethernet NIC functionality.

Re: MacBook Air being displayed, that is probably the default SMBIOS settings for the D630. Easily changed: edit your SMBIOS plist in /Extra and select the closest to your laptop. Assuming you have the D630 nVidia, the closest entry should be MacBookPro 3,1; note that this is just cosmetic and does not affect the way your D630 runs ML.

I did the E/E thing you suggested earlier and i all good. thanks a million sir.  :D

So I have an NVIDIA D630, it installs just fine, but when I run EDP, everything seems to break and from what I can tell, there are no extensions it's installing.  I'm not sure if that's an issue with SVN (from looking at the Google code, it does appear as if there's an empty Extensions folder there.) or if there's something else wrong.  It also won't boot afterwards, so I have to reboot then use MyHack to install the Extras folder from the Install media.  Also after reboot there's no onboard keybord or trackpad, though they work just fine during the install.