Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

• Administrators

I don't know, but do a search on the forum. There are threads about it.

I would have sticked to Nawcom's method. If you have an SL image on USB, I would have applied ModUSB to that, copied the D630 nVidia DSDT from the bootpack to /Extra on the USB media and then boot off that USB key to proceed with installation. That does work. On 1st reboot, boot off the USB key, press ENTER and then select the newly installed SL partition. It's never failed for me with retail SL 10.6.3.

Greetings! Successfully installed and upgraded to 10.8.2 from this great method, thank you. Although I'm able to run icloud, itunes, and sign into appstore, "iMessage" will not work. Has any1 experienced this issue... didn't try it with my initial 10.8.0, so don't know if it's pertinent to the 8.2 update. Thanks in advance, and kind regards.  ssprod

Hi all I am new here and I think I need some help

I have created my install media using VMware and a good copy of ML. I used myHack to create the USB installer, I copied the extra folder like the guide said and also run myfix like it says too.

My D630 has the NVidia GPU, Bios is at A18. I boot from usb and start the installer with -v.

it all starts to boot up and gets to the point where it gets stuck on [ PCI configuration begin ] and will not move from that point onwards. I've recreated the media a few times and tried different USB drives but still haven't got it work.

Am I likely to be missing something here at all?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

many thanks!