Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

Yep, disabled

Edit:

I did now manage to install it using a fixed IOPCIFamily.kext from netkas. I also got it booting after by running a myfix on the ML partition from the SL I have running on my second partition (without the myfix of the ML partition it wouldn't boot).

The thing now is that it needs extremely long to boot (like 13 minutes or so) and the mouse cursor is only updating very very slow, so that I needed like a couple of minutes to setup the time zone etc. It's not jumping around^randomly, just reacting ultra slow

• Administrators

do you have voodootscsync.kext in your extra folder? you need it. if you want to confirm boot with cpus=1 flag at chameleon prompt. also make sure you have the flag npci=0x2000. the long boots can be a kext in extra keeping the kernel cache from booting.

Thank you for the guide, and i have installed ML and working ok. (ML 10.8.2, myhack 3.1.2, EDP Rev. 68)

But I have the same problem: machine will sleep but will not shut down or restart!

According the the guide that leave the machine on for about 30 mins, it work correctly.

Because a process called kextcache runs to rebuild the kext cache, the machine need some time to finish it.

It means the process kextcache will run whenever the machine start, is it ture? (every time, I need to wait about 30 mins after the machine starting, then it can be shutdown correctly for my machine!)

if ture, that's trouble. and how to solve it?

if not, how to process it?