Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

hi @all, this guide helps me to install ml on my d630 wih a few limitations.

1. some apps (xcode form the appstore, upek app for biometric reader, ...) i've installed finished with failed message, but i was able to run them?

2. "two" finger scroll is inverted

3. trackpoint doesn't work. if i install sl with efi_v_1085 boot cd trackpoint works very well, but two finger scoll doesn't work. can i copy some kext files into ml installation to get trackpoint working?

4. biometric reader works, but i cant login with it, only with my password.

it would be greate, if i could get this running with your help.

thx

• Administrators

Read-up R&D Mountain Lion section, you'll see posts about error messages that turn out to be fake.

What you call "Inverted" scrolling is page scrolling. You can easily change that in the mouse Pref Pane.

TrackPoint works fine as far as I'm concerned. Which kext did you install?

i found the option for scrolling and now it works very well. thank you.

i've tried several kext for trackpoint, so i don't know wich one is currently installed, but i will try a clean installation with the kext from the first page of this thread and let you know.

whats about the biometric reader?

Many thanks for a working install of 10.8.2 on my D630 Nvidia, now running nonstop for a week.  I don't want to screw it up just yet, but there is a sticking point to further investment that I've not solved. The PR01X Dell dock has a coax RCA connector that will output digital audio with Dell's Sigmatel driver on Windows 7.  System Info indicates that I have Apple HDA.kext and AppleHDAController.kext installed.  I am running the latest EDP with default values.  This forum referenced access to an options menu in sound preferences that I don't see. When I try accessing the boot.playlist from within these kexts, I am confronted with a generic Chameleon interface.  I'm not clear how to input the device ID, 284b, to this format, or which of the two kexts is relevant.  I have internal but no external mike and would like to keep it if possible.

If you can help me with this it would really be the icing on the cake for a very happy and grateful OSXLatitute early adopter well rewarded for my faith in you. 

Thank You 

Happy New Year from Santa Barbara