Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

Cool thanks for your suggestion. At least I now have some sort of idea as to what is going wrong.

I'll have a look around and see if I can get something working. If I find a solution I'll let y'all know what I did to get it working ;)

Ok got it installing now.

What I did was I copied all the install files and stuff locally to the VM as before I was using the shared folders to copy from the VM to my PC.

Run Myhack to make the media, then installed extra (the ones advised to used with this guide) then run Myfix, put the USB drive in my D630, booted from it and within about 2 minutes I am booted up to the ML install where I configured my partitions and started installing.

About 15 minutes left on the install now :)

I now have a working ML 10.8. the only things that don;t work on it are the wifi and the touch pad.

for the moment I am not too worried about them but would be nice to get the wifi working - At the moment I am just glad that I have it working as it's taken me nearly a whole week to get it working so now I am pleased.

I want to say thanks to Seb43654. Without his guide then none of this would have been possible for me.

Hello all,

THANK YOU so much Seb :) worked like a charm right from the first try, after carefully reading the tutorial(s), and it all works now (except for wifi led and all the rest you said, minor things).

Here's a screenshoot: http://i.imgur.com/gLjxCaa.png?4

What i had was just the d630 NVD + 1 usb hdd

What i did was, i downloaded OSXMLinstall.app, and a vmware image with 10.8.2 from which i created the "usbpen" (a small 8gb partition at the end of the usb hdd). Than i shutdowm vmware, windows and replaced the hdd with the one that was external and ran the installer. When it was ready i installed 10.8.2 combo update, i fixed the permissions again via myhack and that was it.

Thank you so much again Seb!