HP Probook 640/650 G1: reset on plugging/unplugging DP cable

hiropa

• Administrators

If you inject a patch for con1/con2/con3 in a single injection at con1, I see no point re-entering another patch specifically for con3. Either inject everything in one go or all connector patches one by one.

You add a 4th connector, i.e. a 4th video output port at con3. Why? Is this the connector used by that DP->HDMI output? Check this with the working OC 0.6.9 config and please be specific with what you do and your observations.

I'd be more useful if you would post your entire iGPU properties injection (and without cutting parts out) rather than do it bits by bits...

This is the entire injection. It was taken from Angelts 0.6.9 EFI and not changed.  It also has always been 4 ports. 
The physical ports on this Laptop are one VGA and one DP. But it also has a docking Port where I don‘t know how many ports are in there.

As an update: I now copied the RTC fix and the additional Touchpad changes from 0.7.4 of angelts EFI and added them to the 0.6.9 version. Big Sur is now working fine with both screens and no CMOS reset issues. For some reason HDMI audio is not working and Monterey won't work because changing the model breaks the config.

Sadly got the same results with that EFI. 

But in the meantime I experimented a bit with the Config and had success with the following:

241046329_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-06um22_32_06.thumb.png.7d17fe7ca9991696e27b9e59e03ea99d.png

Both displays are working, Hotplug is also fine, but HDMI Audio is still an issue. It shows up in the menu, but no sound is played.