E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Well, after trying to play the trailer in HD (good show, btw), I too got the same error! I guess I never tried playing anything that used HDCP before...

I will investigate this further by trying it on my external monitor when I get home, one that I know supports HDCP for a fact and see what happens; maybe itunes isn't lying and our internal LCDs don't support HDCP.

As a temporary workaround, I have found that if you get the SD version of the trailer (or any other video you want to watch), it will play just fine.

thank you for this guide got mine booted up....failed install no extra option..

i used my hack to install extras..some things fail to install yet on a reboot they are their? installed voodoo kext and voodoo installer yet it wont find it when you add it to log in items?

bought a netgear n150 usb wifi to make wifi work.

i5

nvs3100

dual boot windows 8 and osx 10.8.3

ok im going to start over i have read all posts some confusion i have 10.8.3 install dmg file and 10.8.3 zip ml do i need the e6410 ml too? acording to roar2000 he used the older ml.zip and when he installed he used the newer ml file? i would think i need the 10.8.3 kexts on the install usb drive? 

Well I have finally gotten around to updating my ML to 10.8.3 due to the new Final Cut needing it to run.  I was really afraid of rocking the boat since everything worked fine on my 10.8.2 install.  After updating the only noticable problem I have encountered is I have lost all battery indicators.  This includes the battery icon in the bar as well as the battery light on the actual laptop itself.  Has anyone else come across this problem by chance? I'm trying a couple of battery kexts out that I have found and will report back if they remedy the problem.