E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Hi all - is anyone else getting these problems?

1. KP when on battery? Fine when I'm plugged into AC, but no joy when I'm unplugged. Seems to relate to apple ps2 keyboard kext.

2. iMessage can't authenticate ("Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."). I've tried the various tips & tricks I've seen via a few Google searches, but can't get past this. 

Hi all - is anyone else getting these problems?

1. KP when on battery? Fine when I'm plugged into AC, but no joy when I'm unplugged. Seems to relate to apple ps2 keyboard kext.

2. iMessage can't authenticate ("Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."). I've tried the various tips & tricks I've seen via a few Google searches, but can't get past this. 

1. Do you mean when booting you get a kernel panic? I get that sometimes too (1 in every 20 boots) but only have to restart by holding down the power button.

2. I have the same problem. This is a wide-spread issue among hackintoshes. I haven't found a working solution yet.

Hi Patel

I wish it would make me smarter to slap myself...I just did as you instructed and PRESTO! my sound is good. I too just used Chameleon as my bootloader with no problem at all. I have never even thought to chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) at all. Now i have a Hacbook Pro 8,1 complete with Bluetooth,  Wifi, Sound and video working perfectly. I am very happy as whatever don't work i don't need anyway...lol. How about creating a EDP for this site officially. as I think you have managed to perfect this Install for the E6410. Don't forget I have the system with Intel Graphics. Yipeeeeeee! this thing is sosoooo snappy.

Do you think if i changed the Processor to i7, would it cause any troubles.

PS. I am still timid about the Update...

Thank you good sir!

Hi Patel

I wish it would make me smarter to slap myself...I just did as you instructed and PRESTO! my sound is good. I too just used Chameleon as my bootloader with no problem at all. I have never even thought to chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) at all. Now i have a Hacbook Pro 8,1 complete with Bluetooth,  Wifi, Sound and video working perfectly. I am very happy as whatever don't work i don't need anyway...lol. How about creating a EDP for this site officially. as I think you have managed to perfect this Install for the E6410. Don't forget I have the system with Intel Graphics. Yipeeeeeee! this thing is sosoooo snappy.

Thank you good sir!

I have an i7 running 10.8.2  and it gives me no problems whatsoever =)

Great Thread!!  I had to mostly go it alone getting my Studio 1535 on 10.6 and 10.7, so having others working on a similar setup helps,

I am mostly up and running, but I seem to have a similar issue to what alerphjuanre I am  had.

@alerphjuan, could you possibly share your org.chameleo.boot.plist, dsdt,aml and smbios.plist?  I just want to make I am working from a known working set.

1. Do you mean when booting you get a kernel panic? I get that sometimes too (1 in every 20 boots) but only have to restart by holding down the power button.

2. I have the same problem. This is a wide-spread issue among hackintoshes. I haven't found a working solution yet.

Yep, Kernel Panic at boot time. Managed to reproduce it maybe 5 or 6 times in succession last night while on battery, disappeared when I plugged in and re-appeared when I removed the power lead... Curious to know if anyone else has encountered this on their setup?

Yep, Kernel Panic at boot time. Managed to reproduce it maybe 5 or 6 times in succession last night while on battery, disappeared when I plugged in and re-appeared when I removed the power lead... Curious to know if anyone else has encountered this on their setup?

Ok, scratch that. It happens regardless of power source unless I boot in verbose mode. Weirdly that seems to prevent it (unless it's a coincidence again, and I happen to just be getting lots of Kernel Panics).

I will look through the logs for clues, and try to undo anything I've done recently. First change will be to switch back to chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) as in the original ML 10.8.2 pack you posted, Patel... I changed to a patched version of Chameleon when playing around with the iMessage issue, it wouldn't surprise me if that was linked to my current problems. Not sure why verbose would make a difference to the outcome though?

I'll update here, just in case anyone else with a similar issue stumbles across this post in the future

Great Thread!!  I had to mostly go it alone getting my Studio 1535 on 10.6 and 10.7, so having others working on a similar setup helps,

I am mostly up and running, but I seem to have a similar issue to what alerphjuanre I am  had.

@alerphjuan, could you possibly share your org.chameleo.boot.plist, dsdt,aml and smbios.plist?  I just want to make I am working from a known working set.

Sure can =), I have attached the files you asked for on this post.

What seems to be the problem that you are running into? I have gotten all of my issues ironed out so I can probably (hopefully lol) be of some help to you.

This rar file contains copies of my

org.chameleon.boot.plist

DSDT.aml

smbios.plist

ML 10_8_2.rar

Hi Patel

Thank you good sir!

Great! It is definitely a quick HacBook...

I don't think it would cause any trouble (other than your BIOS settings having to be re-setup) to upgrade to an i7. Don't forget the thermal squares!

Ok, scratch that. It happens regardless of power source unless I boot in verbose mode. Weirdly that seems to prevent it (unless it's a coincidence again, and I happen to just be getting lots of Kernel Panics).

I will look through the logs for clues, and try to undo anything I've done recently. First change will be to switch back to chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) as in the original ML 10.8.2 pack you posted, Patel... I changed to a patched version of Chameleon when playing around with the iMessage issue, it wouldn't surprise me if that was linked to my current problems. Not sure why verbose would make a difference to the outcome though?

I'll update here, just in case anyone else with a similar issue stumbles across this post in the future

I had a similar problem with the verbose-mode-only boot a few months ago after my Windows partition crashed and I had to rebuild my drive. Re-installing chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) did the trick for me!