E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Glad you figured it out! Hopefully things will be smooth sailing from here on out. It should be since you got to the install screen. Fingers crossed, though :-) .

It was smooth sailing. I now have everything in working order except for the wifi adapter.  Which if I cant figure that out, Im sure I can live with it lol. Thanks again for your help. Any suggestions on getting the broadcom wifi to work?

It was smooth sailing. I now have everything in working order except for the wifi adapter.  Which if I cant figure that out, Im sure I can live with it lol. Thanks again for your help. Any suggestions on getting the broadcom wifi to work?

Have you put a Broadcom card in there? They (the E6410's) usually come with Intel cards, which will not work. See the original guide, the 8/24 edit, it will explain what needs to be done after switching the cards..

Have you put a Broadcom card in there? They (the E6410's) usually come with Intel cards, which will not work. See the original guide, the 8/24 edit, it will explain what needs to be done after switching the cards..

No not yet, I was thinking I had a Broadcom chipset, but don't =(.  I guess Im going to wait until something comes along as its not a priority for me. Im assuming the ethernet works but have not yet tried it out. I do have a new question though.  Has anyone been able to get the VGA port to work? I have found a DSDT file that claims to have a fix for it but I have read reports of it freezing peoples boxes and giving black screens, so Im a little reluctant on using it.

Has anyone here been able to get the VGA port working?

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Been busy.

I believe I do have it working...the last time I tried it was when I first put ML on my 6410, but I'll try again tomorrow.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Been busy.

I believe I do have it working...the last time I tried it was when I first put ML on my 6410, but I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks much, sorry for double posting the question. I just thought it might get glanced over in my first post. I appreciate it =). Im trying to get it run on a larger external monitor and the monitor gets no signal and the E6410 must get something because when I boot with it attached it boots up with a black screen. Nothing happens however when I am already booted up and I connect the monitor. If you need spec s on the monitor I can post them. Its just a normal run of the mill dell lcd though, nothing special.

Well my Hackintosh experience has definately not been uneventful lol. Im at my wits end with this new problem. I was booted into my ML 10.8.2 installation. Everything has been running perfect aside from the couple items like vga and sd card which really is not a big deal. I was installing pdanet last night and everything seemed fine. I changed nothing crazy. I deleted some bluetooth modems in the network settings and that was it.  When I rebooted it would make it to the apple logo and the spinning gear then a prohibit sign (a crossed out circle) appeared directly above my apple logo. It hung there and never made it past that. I was able to still boot into my system using the -x (safemode flag). I could not locate what was causing the hang up. So after trying and searching for a good while I just decided to do a fresh install. I followed the exact steps that I had done the first time to get the installation working.  This time however, The install keeps failing and the log shows :

Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "an error ocurred while updatingsystem extension information." UserInfo=0x7f9285ef0a40

I have tried everything. I have formatted the drive. I even formatted and reinstalled WIN XP and retraced my steps from the very first thing I did on my first install and I keep getting this error. Another interesting thing that I noticed is that this error is the same error that started popping up in ML before my installation stopped working. I tried to install a few diff programs and kept getting that 121 error. Please if anyone can help me get it back up and running it would be greatly appreciated. Im really at my wits end.

Have you tried rebuilding the USB Installer? Sometimes, things can get deleted or moved over to the installation after it completes.

I would start there and then try again. 

Did the "Detect Displays" suggestion by Herve work?