E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

First, Awesome Thread!!

I have installed ML 8.2 on my Latitude E6510. E6510 pretty much same as E6410.

I did buy DW 1510 card to get wireless working. Put card in found no problem.

Has anyone happen to get the SD Card Reader working?

Thanks

Thank you!

Glad tohear your card is working! The internet is better wireless!

The sd card reader has not worked for me, despite many tries to get it to.

Hi, i have everything working, except WIFI.

i followed the directions to get it to work, and yes i have a dell wireless card, but if i leave WLAN enabled form the bios, the pc takes about 6 minutes to boot, then i cant use my keyboard and mouse, and wants one via bluetooth. if i disable the WLAN, then everything boots up quick, but of course no wireless. anyone with any ideas. 

Tried on 10.8 and am now on 10.8.2 with same issue.

thanks

Right, I'm back... After moving house and changing jobs since my last attempt, I'm hoping I can dedicate a little more time to this.

For my next attempt I'll be doing something different - namely, I'll be swapping the motherboard for the nVidia version. It, and a new heatsink, are on their way to me. Should arrive in the next fortnight if everything goes to plan.

I'm probably not going to try again with the Intel HD graphics, it seems to be a lost cause :-(

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my hac'd D430 running 10.7.5 :-D

Right, I'm back... After moving house and changing jobs since my last attempt, I'm hoping I can dedicate a little more time to this.

For my next attempt I'll be doing something different - namely, I'll be swapping the motherboard for the nVidia version. It, and a new heatsink, are on their way to me. Should arrive in the next fortnight if everything goes to plan.

I'm probably not going to try again with the Intel HD graphics, it seems to be a lost cause :-(

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my hac'd D430 running 10.7.5 :-D

Nice to see you back!

Hopefully the nvidia board will work, and if it doesn't, at least I can help you with it.

Hello all, I have scoured through the 8 pages in this thread in hopes of finding the answer to the problem Im running into and have had no luck thus far =(.  First off my system specs are as follows and are pretty much identical to the ops:

Dell Latitude E6410

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1.17 GHz DDR3

NVS 3100M 512 MB

BIOS v. A13

w/ optional bluetooth

The problem I'm running into has nothing to do with the install itself but with the usb preperation. I have followed all of the steps to the letter and when it comes time to run Kext Wizard and update the kext files, Kext Wizard does not see my target drive. The options I get are choose, item 1 & item 2 . None of these let me select any of the options needed or allow me to update. I have also tried Kext dropper, and Kext Utility with no luck. I have seen this issue mentioned at least twice on other forums through google searches, but have no solutions posted. Please if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks =)

edit: The USB flash drive I am using is a 16 GB Sandisk Cruzer Glide and using a Mountain Lion 10.8 install on VMware (guest) via Win 7 host to format the USB stick

Im not sure if this would keep me from installing , not using the kext wizard and all, but I have tried several different variations without that step and it just hangs at the apple logo and spinning wheel whenever I try to install. Bios has been set to defaults and Sata is sat to AHCI. Im kind of new to all of this but have tried just about everything I can find and/or think of. Im so frustrated at this point =(

Hello all, I have scoured through the 8 pages in this thread in hopes of finding the answer to the problem Im running into and have had no luck thus far =(.  First off my system specs are as follows and are pretty much identical to the ops:

Dell Latitude E6410

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1.17 GHz DDR3

NVS 3100M 512 MB

BIOS v. A13

w/ optional bluetooth

The problem I'm running into has nothing to do with the install itself but with the usb preperation. I have followed all of the steps to the letter and when it comes time to run Kext Wizard and update the kext files, Kext Wizard does not see my target drive. The options I get are choose, item 1 & item 2 . None of these let me select any of the options needed or allow me to update. I have also tried Kext dropper, and Kext Utility with no luck. I have seen this issue mentioned at least twice on other forums through google searches, but have no solutions posted. Please if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks =)

edit: The USB flash drive I am using is a 16 GB Sandisk Cruzer Glide and using a Mountain Lion 10.8 install on VMware (guest) via Win 7 host to format the USB stick

Im not sure if this would keep me from installing , not using the kext wizard and all, but I have tried several different variations without that step and it just hangs at the apple logo and spinning wheel whenever I try to install. Bios has been set to defaults and Sata is sat to AHCI. Im kind of new to all of this but have tried just about everything I can find and/or think of. Im so frustrated at this point =(

The only thing I could think of that would be getting in your way using your setup is VMware. Are you making sure you reconnect the USB drive to the virtual machine after you notice it dissapearing? If you did reconnect it, does it show up in disk utility?

Yes I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the usb in vmware and physically. I have also tried rebooting the guest installation.  It does show in disk utility and I am able to interact with the drive.  The only thing it is not showing up in is Kext Wizard.  It says on the target disk drop down menu... choose, item 2 item 3 .  Thank you for the response, this has been driving me nuts lol.