E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

I tried it again with a freshly build install stick - same error. Installing 10.8 and upgrade is not possible for me because I only have the actual installer so that this workaround does not work for me. I also tried the myhack troubleshooting without success. It seems my mashine is doomed ;-)

I tried it again with a freshly build install stick - same error. Installing 10.8 and upgrade is not possible for me because I only have the actual installer so that this workaround does not work for me. I also tried the myhack troubleshooting without success. It seems my mashine is doomed ;-)

Did you update your bios and apply the correct settings?

Well, I'm out of ideas as to why that doesn't work. I've double checked the zip file and rebuilt and reinstalled ML on my machine and it works fine.

Maybe try disconnecting anything that doesn't need to be connected (like any usb peripherals)...

Also, there's an "Edit" button that should pop up under your post if you view it whilst signed in wink.gif

Ok, again many thanks for your help anyway.

I suggest the error is connected to the mentainance of the usb installer, Step 30 to 36 of the original guide.

Head over to the Maintenance tab on top

Select the right flash drive

Check the boxes next to "Extra" and "System/Library/Extensions"

Click "Execute" and enter your password

This process could take 5-7 minutes

This process was finished in under a minute and not in 5 to 7 but I don't know what I've done wrong with this.

Best,

tonfunk