E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

To resolve the keyboard/mouse issue i had to disable wifi form bios.

I have a DW1520 as wifi card.

That's really wierd...

But at least you solved your problem...should be fixed with the 1510 wireless card. If not, try removing the two wireless kexts from /Extra/Extensions

I tried this guide yeserday with a recently downloaded os x 10.8.2 on my Latitude e6410. At the end of the installation process it was pointed out that os x could not be installed on my system. The log mentioned error code 121 (kextcache .71 ..something..). What have I done wrong?

I tried this guide yeserday with a recently downloaded os x 10.8.2 on my Latitude e6410. At the end of the installation process it was pointed out that os x could not be installed on my system. The log mentioned error code 121 (kextcache .71 ..something..). What have I done wrong?

I don't think you did anything wrong (so far as I can tell from the information you have given me); this sometimes happens on Hacintosh systems. It says the install failed but in reality, everything went fine!

If you can reboot into Mountain Lion, should be good. From there you can continue with the guide.

If not, reboot with "-v" (without quotes) and post the place where it hangs at here.

Good luck!

Hi patel4prez,

thanks for the quick response. I've done as you suggested. There was no bootloader present on the mashine. I used the bootloader from the usb stick. In normal boot up no spinning weel but the apple logo appeared and after a while the laptop coolers went quite and nothing happens. In verbose mode the last message was:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5]

PIM64 (36 cpu) 0xf80000000, 0x80000000

[PCI configuration begin]

than again the mashine went quiet.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi patel4prez,

thanks for the quick response. I've done as you suggested. There was no bootloader present on the mashine. I used the bootloader from the usb stick. In normal boot up no spinning weel but the apple logo appeared and after a while the laptop coolers went quite and nothing happens. In verbose mode the last message was:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5]

PIM64 (36 cpu) 0xf80000000, 0x80000000

[PCI configuration begin]

than again the mashine went quiet.

Many thanks in advance!

Did you use the E6410 ML 10.8.2.zip to create the installer?