E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Thanks Patel,

The commands were fine apart from "sudo" wasn't recognized. I removed that, just used rm... And the files deleted.

Unfortunately the machine still shows (black screen, white text), "AppleUSBEHIC... Found a transaction which hasnt moved in 5 seconds..." ad then the infamous "Still waiting for root device".

R

Jon

Looks like were gonna have to get a bit more extreme then...try the same process but the delete command should be:

rm -rf AppleIntelHd*.kext

And then try ans restart...

OK, thanks.

Noting the spelling above I did "rm -rf AppleIntelHd*.kext" and "rm -rf AppleIntelHD*.kext". Neither commands prompted any errors.

On restart (USB inserted but selecting the HD to boot from) it hangs. When I select -v option I get the same error message, as per attachment.

What is AppleUSBEHIC ?? Is this video or HD related or simply a core USB driver?

post-6525-094659000 1348348222_thumb.jpg

Also, Ive now upgraded the BIOS to version A13 (latest), figured it couldn't hurt and something between A09 and A12 could have been stopping it... it wasn't:)

Thx

J

OK, thanks.

Noting the spelling above I did "rm -rf AppleIntelHd*.kext" and "rm -rf AppleIntelHD*.kext". Neither commands prompted any errors.

On restart (USB inserted but selecting the HD to boot from) it hangs. When I select -v option I get the same error message, as per attachment.

What is AppleUSBEHIC ?? Is this video or HD related or simply a core USB driver?

photo.JPG

Also, Ive now upgraded the BIOS to version A13 (latest), figured it couldn't hurt and something between A09 and A12 could have been stopping it... it wasn't:)

Thx

J

To be honest, I don't know what AppleUSBEHIC. All I know is that I've seen it before and that it comes right before "Still waiting for root device"

As a last resort, I remember having this same problem on an E6400. Nothing would fix it (at first), and then only thing that did was for me to clear the Lion partition on the same drive (the two partitions were interfering with each other). So if you have another OS X partition, I would delete it (after backing everything up) and then try reinstalling Mountain Lion.

Lastly, I would like to say I am deeply sorry that this has been as complicated as it is. It takes a lot of patience to do this and that is something that you seem to have a lot of!

To be honest, I don't know what AppleUSBEHIC. All I know is that I've seen it before and that it comes right before "Still waiting for root device"

As a last resort, I remember having this same problem on an E6400. Nothing would fix it (at first), and then only thing that did was for me to clear the Lion partition on the same drive (the two partitions were interfering with each other). So if you have another OS X partition, I would delete it (after backing everything up) and then try reinstalling Mountain Lion.

Lastly, I would like to say I am deeply sorry that this has been as complicated as it is. It takes a lot of patience to do this and that is something that you seem to have a lot of!

Thanks Patel,

The HD only has 1 partition, that's Macintosh HD Mountain Lion.

One thing I have noticed when booting from the installer, if the machine has been running for 5 mins or so and then I try to restart and reboot from the USB installer it will hang 9 out of 10 times. If I turn the machine off and restart it after 5 mins of being switched of the installer usually boots first time! Strange.

I'll give the HD a few more tries to see if that's temperamental also. :)

Fail in that I'll go through the whole process again and see what happens!

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

Jon

Try updating to 10.8.2 using the 9/4/2012 edit instructions (but remember NOT TO REBOOT AFTER YOU INSTALLED THE UPDATE! APPLY THE PATCHED KEXTS FIRST!)

That should solve that problem and I'll be stumped if it doesn't.

Should it be a bios problem? I have the A07 installed.

I will try to update to A012 this evening.

Bios upgraded to A12 bud didn't fix the issue.

It is really strange. Also during the installation, on welcome screen i have the same issue. Mouse remains with the colored circle for 6 mins and in the meanwhile i can't press the arrows to go forward. This happens with both 10.8 and 10.8.2 installer.

regards

Fabrizio

Bios upgraded to A12 bud didn't fix the issue.

It is really strange. Also during the installation, on welcome screen i have the same issue. Mouse remains with the colored circle for 6 mins and in the meanwhile i can't press the arrows to go forward. This happens with both 10.8 and 10.8.2 installer.

regards

Fabrizio

If it happens in the installer, then try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No

What really gets me though, is that you have the same configuration I do, and mine works almost perfectly!

Is your mouse and/or keyboard Bluetooth? Or are you using the internal ones?

If it happens in the installer, then try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No

What really gets me though, is that you have the same configuration I do, and mine works almost perfectly!

Is your mouse and/or keyboard Bluetooth? Or are you using the internal ones?

I'm using internal mouse and keyboard.

The scratch install of 10.8.2 don't work, 3 minutes from the end it stops with an error.

This evening i will try to update my 10.8 to 10.8.2 but i don't think this can fix my issue :(

Thanks for your help! :)