E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Patel,

I haven't done my install yet. I was busy and waiting for some progress. The thread has gotten fairly busy with different branches from the first guide.

I'd like to make a few recommendations. Start new threads for: 10.8 ML E6410 guide, 10.8.1 ML E6410 guide, 10.8.2 ML E6410 guide and also 10.8 ML E6410 troubleshooting, same for 10.8.1 and 10.8.2

The discussion is becoming a mess and confusing. Since Katta, Jon, you and I are the main readers, what does everyone think?

Patel,

I haven't done my install yet. I was busy and waiting for some progress. The thread has gotten fairly busy with different branches from the first guide.

I'd like to make a few recommendations. Start new threads for: 10.8 ML E6410 guide, 10.8.1 ML E6410 guide, 10.8.2 ML E6410 guide and also 10.8 ML E6410 troubleshooting, same for 10.8.1 and 10.8.2

The discussion is becoming a mess and confusing. Since Katta, Jon, you and I are the main readers, what does everyone think?

I don't know about everyone else, but I can say that I do not think that making a thread for each version of ML would be a good idea...

As for the troubleshooting, I think a troubleshooting thread may be a good idea. We'll just have to move the conversation happening here to it once it's created (which shouldn't be too hard).

I'm using internal mouse and keyboard.

The scratch install of 10.8.2 don't work, 3 minutes from the end it stops with an error.

This evening i will try to update my 10.8 to 10.8.2 but i don't think this can fix my issue :(

Thanks for your help! :)

Again with 10.8... i tryed to reinstall it... on the installer logs i found this warnings:

NSSoftLinking-The Librarian Framework's could not be loaded frm (null)

NSSoftLinking-The function `LBCurrentProcessHasUbiquityContainer` can't be found in the Librarian Framework

[NSImage CompositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:] is deprecated in MAC OS 10.8 and later. Please use [NSImage drawPoint:operation:fraction] instead

Keyboard Layouts: duplicated keyboard identifier -16899

Keyboard layout identifier -16899 has been replaced with -28673

Keyboard Layouts: duplicated keyboard identifier -16900

Keyboard layout identifier -16900 has been replaced with -28674

Can my issue be a keyboard layout issue? I have an Italian Keyboard.

Fabrizio

Again with 10.8... i tryed to reinstall it... on the installer logs i found this warnings:

NSSoftLinking-The Librarian Framework's could not be loaded frm (null)

NSSoftLinking-The function `LBCurrentProcessHasUbiquityContainer` can't be found in the Librarian Framework

[NSImage CompositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:] is deprecated in MAC OS 10.8 and later. Please use [NSImage drawPoint:operation:fraction] instead

Keyboard Layouts: duplicated keyboard identifier -16899

Keyboard layout identifier -16899 has been replaced with -28673

Keyboard Layouts: duplicated keyboard identifier -16900

Keyboard layout identifier -16900 has been replaced with -28674

Can my issue be a keyboard layout issue? I have an Italian Keyboard.

Fabrizio

I do not think that the layout would be an issue, although it very well could be. I simply do not know enough about that.

In fact, I think you should make your own thread to ask others, as they may know much more than I do, and will be able to help you better.

It seems like you are extremely close to completing your install and I hope that you get this issue resolved soon...

I have successfully upgraded. In what way does it fail?

I run the software update (from the little apple at the upper left corner of desktop). As soon as it says that i have to reboot to complete the upgrade i click cancel, then i run kextwizard to install updated kext. After this i resume the update. After reboot a little window appear but when the bar is about to finish it says that installer encountered in an error.

I run the software update (from the little apple at the upper left corner of desktop). As soon as it says that i have to reboot to complete the upgrade i click cancel, then i run kextwizard to install updated kext. After this i resume the update. After reboot a little window appear but when the bar is about to finish it says that installer encountered in an error.

Yes, this may happen. It really did succeed though (or at least it should've). Reboot and check the version number in "About this mac"