E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Update from my end - I can confirm that nothing's fallen apart since installing Clover (I just wish it wasn't so ugly) and iMessage / FaceTime works like a charm.

Also, I was getting a lot of crackle when using Garageband previously. I thought it was a good excuse to play with VoodooHDA, and can confirm that 2.8.2 works perfectly. It can be downloaded at OSX86 (not sure if house rules permit me to link to it here).

I've attached the kext with my modified info.plist in it, as I don't want to use HDMI audio etc - might come in useful for someone.

Thanks for the updated VoodooHDA. I installed it on my system but realized you forgot to enable the mute fix. Attached is the one with it enabled (and with your HDMI audio fix; I didn't want/need (or have?) HDMI audio either :) ).

Instead of clover, I first want to try and use a patched version of Chameleon I found...I'll report back if it works or not.

jansenspencer's VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Absolute newbe here.

I have read thru the entire guide and need a wee bit of clarification please.

Have a E6410 intel video

10.8.2 ML on MYHACK USB stick and 10.8.2 ml  extra meshed in so I would say I'm at step#22

assuming I complete up to step#39

Here is were I'm not clear do I also need to add the 10.8.2 ML Kexts file and what kexts and

do I need to remove for the Intel Video issue?

Thanks in Advance Jan

Absolute newbe here.

I have read thru the entire guide and need a wee bit of clarification please.

Have a E6410 intel video

10.8.2 ML on MYHACK USB stick and 10.8.2 ml  extra meshed in so I would say I'm at step#22

assuming I complete up to step#39

Here is were I'm not clear do I also need to add the 10.8.2 ML Kexts file and what kexts and

do I need to remove for the Intel Video issue?

Thanks in Advance Jan

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, you must add the 10.8.2 folder (the first folder that is extracted from the E6410 ML 10.8.2.zip file) and simply copy it to the USB Installer along with the original E6410 ML folder from the E6410 ML.zip file. 

So to summarize, two folders have to be copied over to the installer.

As for the kexts you need to remove for the Intel Graphics to work, I'm not even sure if anyone that got it running removed those kexts or not. jansenspencer, Bigman, and I believe alerphjuan all have Intel Graphics, so I would wait for one of their responses to see what they did.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, you must add the 10.8.2 folder (the first folder that is extracted from the E6410 ML 10.8.2.zip file) and simply copy it to the USB Installer along with the original E6410 ML folder from the E6410 ML.zip file.

So to summarize, two folders have to be copied over to the installer.

As for the kexts you need to remove for the Intel Graphics to work, I'm not even sure if anyone that got it running removed those kexts or not. jansenspencer, Bigman, and I believe alerphjuan all have Intel Graphics, so I would wait for one of their responses to see what they did.

I swapped my system board for a cheap nvidia one picked up on eBay... (My problem is I'm more into hardware than software, so this is fairly typical for me!)I've kept the intel board for future research if I get around to it, but for now I'm afraid I'm not able to help very much :-(

• Moderators

Hi w762nato,

I also have the E6410 with the intel video card. you need to remove 2 files from SLE in the USB installer: AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, otherwise it won't boot after the installation.

Thanks for the updated VoodooHDA. I installed it on my system but realized you forgot to enable the mute fix. Attached is the one with it enabled (and with your HDMI audio fix; I didn't want/need (or have?) HDMI audio either :) ).

Instead of clover, I first want to try and use a patched version of Chameleon I found...I'll report back if it works or not.

attachicon.gifjansenspencer's VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Thanks for that - I'll re-install my own kext shortly ;-)

As for the iMessage problem... there's no need to use the patched version of Chameleon that's out there. In fact, when I first tried it, it caused me enough issues that I decided to restore my OSX installation from a Time Machine backup.

Latest version of Chameleon, with v 1.1.2 of fileNVRAM.lib is working just fine for me :)

Jake Lo Removing those appleintelHD kexts helped, It gets to about 5 minutes left in install then installation has failed.

In utilities I started ihack and put the extras from the 10.8.2.1 folder like it was supposed to do automatically in the guide.

Then when I reboot it gets to the apple logo with the spinning wheel however there is a square above the apple with a diagonal slash like a do-not enter sign and it hangs there no sign of further HD accesss.

I wonder should I run iFix before rebooting?  

Jake Lo Removing those appleintelHD kexts helped, It gets to about 5 minutes left in install then installation has failed.

In utilities I started ihack and put the extras from the 10.8.2.1 folder like it was supposed to do automatically in the guide.

Then when I reboot it gets to the apple logo with the spinning wheel however there is a square above the apple with a diagonal slash like a do-not enter sign and it hangs there no sign of further HD accesss.

I wonder should I run iFix before rebooting?

When you get to chameleon's boot screen, try booting with - v (or drop down and select "boot verbose" from the menu if you prefer. The last message(s) on the screen will help diagnose the problem :)

When you get to chameleon's boot screen, try booting with - v (or drop down and select "boot verbose" from the menu if you prefer. The last message(s) on the screen will help diagnose the problem :)

In my experience, the prohibited sign almost always means that the machine is getting stuck at:

Still waiting for root device...

So whatever you did to fix that, that should be the fix for w762nato...