E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Hola a todos no se escribir bien en ingles, perdon, quero saber si puedo instalar en mi E6410 Ml confuguracion de mi equipo es:i5 2,4ghz grafica gma intel hd graphics lan gigabite wifi broadcom hdd sata 350 gb espero vuestra respuesta gracias.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are wondering if it is possible to install Mountain Lion on your E6410 with:

• A Core i5 2.4 ghz processor
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Gigabit LAN
  • Broadcom Wifi
  • SATA HDD - 350GB

If that is the case,

Si, es posible a instalar OSX en su computadora :)

(Yes, it is possible to install OSX on your computer :) )

So I've been having some overheating issues and power issues now that I have been playing Half Life 2 again. There don't seem to be any kexts to see the temperature of CPU or GPU, only HDD. Most temperature monitors have confirmed that. Shouldn't there be a kext for it considering its just an i5?

• Administrators

if it's an intel wifi turn it off in bios or remove the card. but that error is usually common in the boot log. if you have a intel centrino sticker on the laptop then you most likely have intel wifi.

Have you tried booting into the installer one more time? Sometimes it will just freeze at a random point, and when you try again, it will work. 

Try booting with '-v' again and post the last 1-3 lines when it freezes.

Initialized/devrdisk12 as 1024kb hfs plus volume

Using 64 bit bootcache playlist

Bootcachecontrol: unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist:2no such file or directory

Jnl:disk0s2:replay_jurnal:from:9305600to:9350656(joffset 0x4ab000)

Jnl;disk0s2 jurnal replay done previous shotdown cause 3

Acpi smc platformplugin start - waitforservice(resurcematching(appleintelcpupowermanagement) time out

Dsmos has arrived

[iobluetoothhcicontroller] [start]--completed

AppleinteleE1000 ethernet adredss 5c:etc

Airport_brcm43xx ethernet adress00:24:2betc

Io80211controller: :datalinklayerattachcomplete():addingappleefinvam notication

Io80211 interface: :efinvrampublished():

Airport: link down on en1. Rason 8(disassociated because station leaving ).

This in the screen whit -v time 40 min waiting -+

thousands of THKSï¼

i followed your great guide and got mountain lion 10.8 working on my e 6410. however, seems that my wireless card is DW 1501/Broadcom 4313, different from your dell 1510/broadcom 4322.

maybe because of that, my wifi does not work.

do you think you could offer me some suggestions?

thanks lot again!

• Moderators

thousands of THKS!

i followed your great guide and got mountain lion 10.8 working on my e 6410. however, seems that my wireless card is DW 1501/Broadcom 4313, different from your dell 1510/broadcom 4322.

thanks lot again!

BCM 4313 [14e4:4727]/Dell DW1501 is not supported.

Check here for a list of supported wifi card https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-wireless-cards-inventory/

thousands of THKS!

thanks lot again!

Great work on getting OS X running!

As Jake Lo wrote, unfortunately, the DW1501/4313 will not work with OS X.

Your best bet would be to purchase a Dell Wireless 1510/Broadcom 4311 internal wireless card, or a Mac compatible external air card (Like the Netgear n150; I believe someone posted the driver for it somewhere in this thread).