E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

• Moderators

replaced the 2 files and it still stays stuck on the same place, the code im using is -v to boot if i just let it load it stays stuck on the same apple logo with the spinning circle.

Since you have the Intel video, did you remove the two files :AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext for S/L/E on the USB installer before installing?

You could also rename the extension and not delete, run my fix and then restart the installation. 

Check this guide.

Since you have the Intel video, did you remove the two files :AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext for S/L/E on the USB installer before installing?

You could also rename the extension and not delete, run my fix and then restart the installation. 

Check this guide.

finally got the installation boot! when i get to the language screen it takes a few minutes for me to be  able to click on the next arrow. after the installation starts it get an error saying installation failed. it says shut down,restart,viewlog, and savelog.what could be wrong?

post-10638-0-81314200-1370757409_thumb.jpg

post-10638-0-85688700-1370757713_thumb.jpg

As bad as it sounds, I would try and re-create the installation disk. 

Sometimes, things just go inexplicably wrong and all that a problem needs to be solved it a fresh start.

I would format using disk utility, recreate the installation disk (and remember to delete those two kexts for the graphics), and try the install again.

Good luck! You're so close!

Tried with another USB and went through the whole installation process and it still froze in the same spot I tried everything w hat could be wrong I have the Intel GPU and CPU with the broadcom WiFi card

What I have done so far

Delete dsdt.aml file

Delete the 2 Intel graphics next

Then repair permissions on USB

I'm doing a clean install, and I have 10.8.4 on my working hackintosh. I used that and the 10.8.4 pack instead of the standard E6410 pack/zip. Is that the correct thing to do? Do I also need to put the IO kexts that are posted as a fix in the edit to the install USB? Or am I going at this completely incorrectly?

ok i have created multiple usb and still nothing. i even downloaded another version of 1.8 Lion untouched iso and it still freezes in the same spot. when the installation part starts the osx bar is frozen for about 45 seconds and then i get the error log thing letting me shut down restart view logs or save them. what im i doing wrong??? i have read this whole thread and still cant find my solution. any one with the same specs as me have any recommendations??