E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Still stuck on apple logo for about 40 minutes... I used the 10.8.4 zip and IO patches for 10.8.4 to create the usb. Is that correct? The installation said it failed.

When you boot, try and boot with "-v" and let us know what the last few line(s) that appears is/are

When you boot, try and boot with "-v" and let us know what the last few line(s) that appears is/are

Yep, I totally forgot to do that, my fault. It's the same error as on page 6, [ PCI configuration begin ].

-v -f doesn't work.

-v npci=0x2000 doesn't work.

about to try 0x3000 and PCIRootUID=1 before both 0x's. Then I'll try PCIRootUID=0.

FAILED^

I installed Mountain Lion, then it failed, then I installed the 10.8.4 Extras from the folder I dragged onto the flash drive after touching perms from copying S/L/E from the 10.8.4 folder and the two IO fixes from that folder.

I'm booting the partition via the USB bootloader. Could that be the problem somehow? Was I supposed to install Chameleon during setup?

As bad as it sounds, I would try and re-create the installation disk.  Sometimes, things just go inexplicably wrong and all that a problem needs to be solved it a fresh start. I would format using disk utility, recreate the installation disk (and remember to delete those two kexts for the graphics), and try the install again. Good luck! You're so close!

finally got the installation boot! when i get to the language screen it takes a few minutes for me to be  able to click on the next arrow. after the installation starts it get an error saying installation failed. it says shut down,restart,viewlog, and savelog.what could be wrong?

Still have this same problem after recreating my installation USB

still no luck installiing lion 1.8 on my dell. i followed everything to the T. would iaktos l2 work if i try to install it to the usb??

UPDATE.

I managed to get iFail L2 on the usb and the installation went through. but now when i get to the first boot i get the apple logo and the spinning circle but it just sits there.

UPDATE2!

i got iFail ML2 to install but now when i get to the first boot it hangs either on IOBLUETOOTHHCIController{start}--Completed 

or on AppleIntelE1000e.

Edited by infamousdice

still no luck installiing lion 1.8 on my dell. i followed everything to the T. would iaktos l2 work if i try to install it to the usb??

UPDATE.

I managed to get iFail L2 on the usb and the installation went through. but now when i get to the first boot i get the apple logo and the spinning circle but it just sits there.

UPDATE2!

i got iFail ML2 to install but now when i get to the first boot it hangs either on IOBLUETOOTHHCIController{start}--Completed 

or on AppleIntelE1000e.

Create the USB with the 10.8.0 folder. Then it will ask to install extras. Use the 10.8.4 folder as the extra folder. It'll boot.

Hi patel4prez,

Thank for putting the time into this guide, not to mention keeping it updated.  it is excellent!

Was looking to upgrade to 10.8.4., but but it appears the permissions for the Extras attached to the thread may be wrong (note that it has zero downloads).

I get a message that I'm not allowed to view the attachement, all other attachements on the post can be accessed.

Thanks!