Mountain Lion on E6400 in 5 Steps!

DaFOB

Thank you for response. I tried 10.8.0 and 10.8.2. Now I have 10.8.2.

####

EDIT:

Problem solved, thank you :-) (I rolled back the kext -- didn't work, then I updated BIOS to A29 (it was A13 before) and now it's working)

Sorry, I didn't think to ask which BIOS version you were on. I usually assume (and yes, I know what assume does) that the BIOS has been updated prior to installation and it's usually an afterthought. At any rate, glad to see you figured it out and all is well.

• Like 1

No, I am sorry, this is my first OS X installation so I didn't think it was relevant... :-) If there weren't several mentions about BIOS version in this topic, I would never figured it out.

Now, there are just some minor issues I couldn't solve so far. I noticed you have e6500 too, so maybe you could help me.

1) Did you manage to get sleep working? I tried sleepenabler and set hibernatemode to 0, but didn't suceed.

2) Some animations are very slow. The worst are probably notifications (blinking and slow) and top pages in Safari. Also the scrollbar in safari is blinking when scrolling -- but scrollbars in other applications are OK. Other animations are fine, it's weird.

3) Is there anything I should know before upgrading to 10.8.4? -- I don't want to break it again :-)

Sleep, for whatever reason, seems to be hit or miss. Some have indicated success, but others, such as myself, have suspend to ram, which is what you get setting hibernate mode to 0. The animations issue may be caused by conflicting versions of AppleACPIPlatform kext - 1.3.5 in your E/E folder and 1.7 in your S/L/E folder (you do have nVidia graphics, correct? - Intel graphics are problematic, no fix has yet been found for the Intel GMA4500MHD graphics). Delete the version 1.7 in your S/L/E folder and run MyFix (Full version) in MyHack or repair permissions and rebuild kext cache. DaFob indicated it was necessary to reinstall the edited nVidia kexts after upgrading to 10.8.2 (if needed, they are available in my thread "Mountain Lion Anyone", in the first post), others have not found this necessary. If you are contemplating an upgrade to 10.8.4, you may as well wait to do these fixes as these issues may occur again after that upgrade. Also with the 10.8.4 upgrade, WiFi formats and configurations are changing and it will likely break WiFi if you are using a card that relies on a kext (such as DW1397). If you have a card that worked OOB, you should be safe (that would be any card recognized by a Mac (the DW1510 fits that description)).

I don't know what did it, but everything works now :-)

I did everything you wrote, upgraded and after reboot I can sleep, reboot, shutdown, animations are also working well.

Thank you again!

Satisfied customers are our goal. Be sure to change your signature to show you got it working.

Hi again,

I've been booting from USB stick (myHack OS X install Disk) since I installed ML -- when I boot with Chameleon installed on HDD, it gets stuck on this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21045197/2013-08-08%2021.59.42.jpg. I have been playing with it for a while now, but without success.

The org.chameleon.Boot.plist is the same in both cases, only thing that differs is resolution (mine is 1920x1200).

Smbios.plist are identical, as well as dsdt.aml.

Both Chameleons are the same version.

this works: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21045197/2013-08-08%2022.06.08.jpg

this doesn't: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21045197/2013-08-08%2022.06.27.jpg

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Not that it would be a big deal, but it's a bit annoying... :-)

• Administrators

Well, it looks like it does not like the SDHC kext, doesn't it? Try and boot in single user mode and remove the offending kext. There's a detailed tutorial to do this in the Web site articles section (use button at the top of the browser page).