Mountain Lion on E6400 in 5 Steps!

DaFOB

Hope someone can point me to a resolution to the below issue.

I hadn't tried a USB flash drive until recently on my E6400 OSx system built using the helpful guides in this forum. I have tried a USB flash drive in all the USB ports on my e6400, but the drive does not mount or show up on the desktop or in the Finder. Any ideas???

Hey everybody,

I followed the guide in this thread, was able to get 10.8.3 installed and the system loads OSX just fine the only issue I seem to have so far is that the Nvidia card doesn't seem to be working correctly, animations are really choppy and trying to open Launchpad brings the system to a crawl. I've copied all of the files in nvidia.zip to /Extra/Extensions/ and ran MyFix. I know my system has the Quadro NVS 160M.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, fixed using the files posted by howoarang on the second page. Thanks!

I have a E6400, P8400 cpu, 2gb ram, 200gb sata hdd, using a 65w universal adapter, there is no lcd hooked to it (just a LCD w/ displayport to DVI adapter). No battery either.. nvidia quadro graphics as well. I have followed all directions and when i try to use the usb to install ml to the e6400 it KPs on the screen w/ the cog wheel (with the apple). Also kernel backtrace says IOACPIFamily.. I have BIOS version 34 (latest), also when i used my hack to create the usb, i used a 10.8.4 image, does this matter? I did add the extra in with the installer usb as posted in this thread. Also set the BIOS to defaults and changed the IRRT setting to AHCI.  I do not know what i am doing wrong. Any thoughts?

Hope someone can point me to a resolution to the below issue.

I hadn't tried a USB flash drive until recently on my E6400 OSx system built using the helpful guides in this forum. I have tried a USB flash drive in all the USB ports on my e6400, but the drive does not mount or show up on the desktop or in the Finder. Any ideas???

FYI...Seems like it was caused by doing an OSx sw update. A newer version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext was in my S/L/E. I had that kext removed a sometime ago. I removed it from S/L/E again, rebuilt my kext caches, rebooted. Now all is well.

Hello, not too sure if anyone is still following this topic -- but I was following your directions on how to install OSX onto my e6400.  I tried using 10.8 .  The install itself is fine but i don't have any admin accounts .. i was wondering if there are any resolutions for this issue.  Other then that there are no issues.  

• Moderators

Hello, not too sure if anyone is still following this topic -- but I was following your directions on how to install OSX onto my e6400.  I tried using 10.8 .  The install itself is fine but i don't have any admin accounts .. i was wondering if there are any resolutions for this issue.  Other then that there are no issues.  

The account you create on the first boot after installation is an Admin account.

Hmm i thought so too. I even tried to delete the applesetupdone.plist to create a new account but it only gives me a standard account with no adminstrator access.  On top of that when i go to unlock system preferences than the username/password i enter is incorrect.  Maybe this is only specific to the copy of mac osx 10.8 i'm using as it is my brother's disc.  I've looked up various ways to add an account in single user mode but the commands all need to run dscl which returns me with an error.  

Hello!

First, just want to say thanks for the very helpful guide. I got Mavericks installed with no problems thanks to it.

But, since finishing the install and rebooting, I keep getting a loop error. I tried restarting per a specific installation of software. Now I just get to the boot screen wheres it's loading, goes blank for a second, then restarts all together. I checked if there is a wireless card inside messing up the boot sequence but nope.

Please help!