ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver (Mac OS X)

@fan0, thank you for your feedback. This kext is compatible with Sierra and have not been updated to work with highSierra. Also the developer has stated in OP that he will working on this kext soon. If he doesn't. He will be releasing the source code. Please refer to first page for more info.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last update: 17 Sep 2017   UPDATE: 17 - 09 - 2017 Just wanted to clear few things about my commitments to community, and development on my projects which has been going slow due to my personal life

@EMlyDinEsH It's been more than 2 years since last update of the kext and about 1,5 year since last update of the first post. Can you finally release the source code, so someone could finally improve

macOS Sierra: some Fn keys do not work and trackpad work only as mouse. Please fix.

Posted Images

thanks. looking forward to it. everything works anyway (keyboard, trackpad and gestures). the only issue i have with the kext installing it in my high sierra is that the gesture settings in the prefpane does not work (when i change a gesture setting, it doesn't happen). But there is gesture. it's just not the ones stated in the prefpane settings and i cannot change the gestures. thanks

• Moderators

It's noted in the 1st post that most of the features won't work! 

You just have to read the fine notes.

Version v4.7 beta 5 (10 - 12 - 2016) (work in progress, available to try from attachments).

• Added back feature multi finger drag due to users request (can be dragged using 1-3f, Note: This drag wont be as smooth as 1f because the data is not as good as 1f in 2-3f which is why I stopped working on this long time ago, but currently it works nicely and usable in my touchpad. So its usage varies to each touchpad). You have to hold fingers for 2-3 sec at fixed position and move to trigger drag.
  • Improved support for Sierra 
  • Support for new style prefpane (most of the features wont control my feature, but I will fix them by next weekend to match them) [Drag, scroll, double click speed can be controlled inside Accessibility Settings->Mouse & Trackpad]
  • Like 1

@fan0, Apple has changed a lot of stuffs including PS2 code in macOS High Sierra. Hence, the right click value doesn't work, it instead opens up force close menu.

Dinesh is working on it and will come up with an update soon. Also, just FYI, all other values work as they are written in ApplePS2SmartTouchpad documentation.

Regards

• Like 1