ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

@fan0, Apple has changed a lot of stuffs including PS2 code in macOS High Sierra. Hence, the right click value doesn't work, it instead opens up force close menu.

Dinesh is working on it and will come up with an update soon. Also, just FYI, all other values work as they are written in ApplePS2SmartTouchpad documentation.

Regards

• Like 1

@fan0, Apple has changed a lot of stuffs including PS2 code in macOS High Sierra. Hence, the right click value doesn't work, it instead opens up force close menu.

Dinesh is working on it and will come up with an update soon. Also, just FYI, all other values work as they are written in ApplePS2SmartTouchpad documentation.

Regards

some values in the guide are wrong. i am employing trial and error to get the right values...

3 - not working (supposed to be launcher)

33 - Right Click

I have the launcher menu and right click working on High Sierra, I'm not sure why you are experiencing that.

See attached file for the my own used info.plist for your reference

This info.plist also contains interim fix for:

Mouse in inactive for 1-2 seconds after typing

Backlight flickering when adjusting brightness up or down.

Below for details of functions i set:

Touchpad Shortcuts

Tap

1 finger - Click

2 finger - Right Click

3 finger - Middle Click

4 finger - Fullscreen

5 finger - Application Switcher

Scroll

2 finger - Scroll Up/Down/Left/Right

Right edge Scroll Up/Down

Swipe(4 Finger)

Up - Mission Control

Down - Application Windows

Left/Right - Switch Desktop

Swipe(3 Finger)

Up - Launchpad

Down - Desktop

Left - Back

Right - Forward

Swipe(2 Finger Edge)

R->L - Notification Center

L->R - Show/Hide Dock

Gelomon-info.plist.zip

• Like 1

I have the launcher menu and right click working on High Sierra, I'm not sure why you are experiencing that.

Maybe I forgot to mention that this "Not Working" issue affects certain touch-pads only. FocalTech, in my case. And please remember, on a hack, your mileage may vary as everyone has different system configurations.

Regards

Unfortunately I can't provide the plist file. I couldn't find any information on that. Can you point me to that, please?

As you are using CLOVER to inject ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (it is not recommended as the kext was never meant to be injected by CLOVER.) You might consider installing it to /S/L/E or /L/E on 10.11+

The Info.plist of any kext resides in KextName.kext/Contents/Info.plist (You need to right click on the kext and select show package contents to see "Contents" folder of a kext)

Regards