ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

ACER E5-572G-38HC

Yosemite 10.10.2 including 2015.003 update

Chameleon Bootloader,bootflags : kext-dev-mode=1

System information:

USB+PS/2 Optical Mouse:

Product ID: 0x0230

Vendor ID: 0x04f3  (Elan Microelectronics Corportation)

Version: 24.58

Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec

Location ID: 0x14200000 / 1

With VoodooPS2Controller.kext keyboard and touchpad works but no gestures (no trackpad found).

I tried :

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext V4.2 -Kernel panic

Elan V4.0.5-system boots,keyboard not working,touchpad works as a mouse without gestures (no trackpad found)

Elan_V3 -kernel panic (attached pics)

ElanTouchpad_V2-same as V4.0.5

KERNEL PANIC PICS : http://postimg.org/gallery/1hy8jvjgc

Also another strange thing is that in Windows 8.1 all gestures work but there is no Elan Settings in mouse options. (I tried official Acer Elan touchpad drivers,asus one,and couple more but with no success). Maybe it's just a Windows 8.1 thing,I don't know.

Hi,

Maybe this is not really an issue of the drivers so I'll post my question here.

I installed the last version but I can't access trackpad preferences in System Preferences. Actually it says "No Trackpad found".

The touchpad works (tapping + movement) but I would really love to have access to those settings as I'd like to fine tune it.

Is there something I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for your work!

PS. I deleted the kexts like you said in the guide before installing and I have an ASUS X552CL notebook with Yosemite 10.10.1.

EDIT 1: I saw in the boot log that the AppleTrackPad reports that error "Identify TrackPad command returned incorrect byte". I used some custom DSDT and I am using Clover. The DSDT is from this link (I have exactly the same Processor) http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4332-efi-k46cb-i5-3337u-yosemite-10101/

Mar 4, 2015, 10:35:09 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Mar 4, 2015, 10:35:09 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x04
Mar 4, 2015, 10:35:09 PM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.13 loaded...

PM me your system log and ioreg file.

V4.2 on a high resolution screen 1920x1080 is too squirrelly. Just tapping the touchpad often makes the cursor jump. Have a Elan v4 touchpad. The touch on the virtual buttons area makes the cursor jump even more. So, it is very difficult to accurately click a required area or button.

Which setting will control this to dampen the movement on a tap or click?

As I mentioned in PM, there should be an option to make virtual button area insensitive to finger drags. Only taps or clicks.

I have also sent an algorithm by PM to separate taps from touches based on time of contact and pressure which no one outside Apple seem to have implemented. Hope this can be implemented in a future version.

Hello,  I am hoping I can get a little bit of help.  Even as I type this my chubby part of my fingers are touching the touchpad on my keyboard.  Everytime I type the the scrolling up / down kicks in.  Is there a way to disable the scrolling while typing?

Already i've improved the issues you both reported in new version, so request beta kext from PM for testing.

Why I still can't move my cursor using this driver

I'm sure my touchpad is ELAN (ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0108)

my laptop is Asus TP300LD

I'm sure I had followed the guide. Also I had removed the files mentioned in front..

using elan v3.8.5, v4.0 & v4.2. But boot always says : 

- ETD : Initializing ELAN keyboard

- ETD : Keyboard enabled

- ETD : Detecting Touchpad...

- ETD : Probably not a real ELAN touchpad, Aborting

PM me for beta test of new version.

ACER E5-572G-38HC

Yosemite 10.10.2 including 2015.003 update

Chameleon Bootloader,bootflags : kext-dev-mode=1

System information:

USB+PS/2 Optical Mouse:

Product ID: 0x0230

Vendor ID: 0x04f3  (Elan Microelectronics Corportation)

Version: 24.58

Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec

Location ID: 0x14200000 / 1

With VoodooPS2Controller.kext keyboard and touchpad works but no gestures (no trackpad found).

I tried :

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext V4.2 -Kernel panic

Elan V4.0.5-system boots,keyboard not working,touchpad works as a mouse without gestures (no trackpad found)

Elan_V3 -kernel panic (attached pics)

ElanTouchpad_V2-same as V4.0.5

KERNEL PANIC PICS : http://postimg.org/gallery/1hy8jvjgc

Also another strange thing is that in Windows 8.1 all gestures work but there is no Elan Settings in mouse options. (I tried official Acer Elan touchpad drivers,asus one,and couple more but with no success). Maybe it's just a Windows 8.1 thing,I don't know.

Can you PM me your ioreg file(saved using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 or lower) so i can check your touchpad?

Please release the source code. Some of us know how to code, and I could be working on fixing my problem instead of just waiting for some help. We don't care if it's still a work in progress.

I understand as you have to wait but making it open source before i finish will make all of my work fragmented if others keep doing change and distribute their own versions and will make even confusing as i experiment a lot in code because of support for different touchpads. I spent a lot of time on this driver for the past 2 years in beta sessions from testers and worked really hard without hardware so i don't want to take any risks by releasing the source in experimental stages of code for some features so I'm waiting until i feel confident. I'll try my best from now onwards and fix the bugs in a week after its reported as I'm focusing on every weekend more time on this and will release my source very soon. Hope you'd understand.

Hi 

EMlyDinEsH

and sorry if my question is kind of a noob one. I've tried all the versions of kexts available here just to activate finger and edge scrolling on my device. But none is working. I don't know why or what did I do wrong. My device is surely an Elan Smart-pad which comes with my Acer Aspire v5-473PG with device ID VEN_ETD&DEV_0508. Please help me.

Hello, I have recently been making a hackintosh out of my Acer V5-571. I originally installed Mavericks and had to install your kext to get the trackpad to work and it did flawlessly. I recently upgraded to Yosemite but it only recognizes the touchscreen.I tried installin gthe same kext that worked great for mavericks and now the trackpad doesn't work at all. So the touchscreen works but the trackpad doesn't, the complete opposite of when Mavericks was installed. I want to have both the touchscreen and the trackpad working. Here is my system specs.

Processor: 2.29 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB

PM me your problems for beta test on new version.

hello

I have a Elantech, version 3

after version 3.8.5, this setting does not work anymore

TapHoldDragStartTimeOut

with version 3.8.5, if I enter 0 as the value, it works

the relase of the window is instantaneous

with later versions even if I enter zero as a value, has no effect

PM me for beta test.

Thats strange. mine works fine. apart from disconnecting at random times. i think it's when the red mouse on the keyboard is touched by accident. i don't know if that is the case but thats what I'm thinking. anyway to disable the mouse on keyboard on lenovo?

What you mean disconnecting? Please explain this a bit more like when exactly it happens and behaves. What is your touchpad hardware version?

Hi everyone, same issue here !

On Thinkpads we have 2 pointing devices : Trackpad + trackpoint in the middle of the keyboard.

(more easy to figure with this picture maybe)

lenovo-thinkpad-t530-laptop-keyboard.png

The only issue I have while using your kext is that if I touch the Trackpoint, Elan trackpad driver crashes and I have to reboot. I guess this is what demonKnight9 is talking about. It would be great to be able to use that Trackpoint without crash or to disable it, in order to avoid hitting it by accident while typing on the keyboard.

I think that it is due to both devices not working the same way...

I'm willing to do beta testa in order to fix this if you have the time to.

Thanks and sorry for the english !

Hi everyone, same issue here !

On Thinkpads we have 2 pointing devices : Trackpad + trackpoint in the middle of the keyboard.

(more easy to figure with this picture maybe)

lenovo-thinkpad-t530-laptop-keyboard.png

The only issue I have while using your kext is that if I touch the Trackpoint, Elan trackpad driver crashes and I have to reboot. I guess this is what demonKnight9 is talking about. It would be great to be able to use that Trackpoint without crash or to disable it, in order to avoid hitting it by accident while typing on the keyboard.

I think that it is due to both devices not working the same way...

I'm willing to do beta testa in order to fix this if you have the time to.

Thanks and sorry for the english !

Already my version 4.2 has support for this track point and option to disable in plist which i've done using some help from a beta tester. I think it still needs more work i guess so please PM me for beta testing so i can improve the support of track point in my driver.