Latitude E7470: Sonoma unstable when following "Dell Latitude E7x70 - Clover and OpenCore" guide

esmith1966

using this guide for the Sonoma install on my E7470:

Put an intel WiFi card into the computer

These four kext were copied in...

• AirportItlwm.kext
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  • IntelBTPatcher.kext

And made the adjustments to the config file (took out theAirportItlwmVentura.kext file and added AirportItlwm.kext). Still seems 'unstable' and the Boot took a long time.

• Administrators

Jake's guide has not been updated yet for Sonoma. However, I've posted an updated one for my E7270; maybe you ought to compare it with your current setup, albeit you have an E7470 and probably OpenCore. Sonoma totally stable on my E7270.

Ok I got it to work with MacBookPro15,3 and for wireless I had to get the Airportltlwm Sonoma preview driver here https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/files/12299048/AirportItlwm-Sonoma-Preview05.zip

So far things seem to be working ok.  However and I think this is a known issue with the Airportltlwm Sonoma preview driver - imessage no longer works.  I have my messages in there from before I upgraded, and I'll write a message but the other user won't get it.

Sleep / wake seems ok too.  The only thing I've really noticed is that Sonoma is a little bit slower than Ventura or Monterey on this machine, so the platform is showing its age.

I'm using opencore 0.9.5

This site only lets me max size of 19.53.  I can share just the config.plist if that helps.  you'll have to source Opencore 0.9.5 and all the Kexts referenced in the file.config.plist.zip

When you get to PlatformInfo replace the SMBIOS serial number information with your own.  You can generate it in common tools.  I changed my serial number to CXXXXXXXXXXX and MLB to CXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX so you can find and replace.