ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I also have the same issue on my Asus K43SV. I have tried both v3.5 and v3.3. Still the issue persists.

Function keys Fn1-Fn11 does not work If i press the function key with them. The OP, has highlighted the keys which originally input the repective alphabets in white. Holding the function key along with the keys OP has mentioned is supposed to input numbers, a substitute by asus for the number pad.

Suppose I want to type the word google.com, by default when your driver is installed what I get is g66g3e.c/0 . If i press the function key while typing I get google.com typed in correctly. It makes the inbuilt keyboard unusable. I tried replacing the ps2keyboard kext with original one from myhack, then the touchpad stops working completely. Voodoops2 does not work at all for me. Even after removies acpips2nub I end up getting kernal panics. So I guess I will go back to using my external mouse now. :P

So I guess the issue me and the OP has is that the function key is enganged by default, and normal alphabets can be enetered only if I manually press the function key. Any ideas to solve this? Can I do some tweaks in the info.plist, of appleps2keyboard.kext?

Thanks for your efforts though. Its good to see a working touchpad. Hope this issue can be solved.

Stange, I will try to contact the beta tester who has similar keys and will fix asp. Please wait for some time.

Hi, I've installed 3.5 version and it work very well, thanks.

I'm using the FnKeyApple  (without press Fn key), all keys work except F3 and F4 for adjust Keyboard Backlight, if I install the kext AsusNBFnKeys 2.0, so with Fn+F2, and Fn+F3, I can adjust the keyboard backlight.

How can I adjust it without pressing the Fn key? If possible of course.

Thank you very much!

Asus Zenbook UX32VD - Mavericks 10.9.1

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

Thank you very much for Elan Touchpad Driver!  Ver. 3.5 works very well on my Asus N43SL (ver.2 hardware).

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I also have the same issue on my Asus K43SV. I have tried both v3.5 and v3.3. Still the issue persists.

Function keys Fn1-Fn11 does not work If i press the function key with them. The OP, has highlighted the keys which originally input the repective alphabets in white. Holding the function key along with the keys OP has mentioned is supposed to input numbers, a substitute by asus for the number pad.

Suppose I want to type the word google.com, by default when your driver is installed what I get is g66g3e.c/0 . If i press the function key while typing I get google.com typed in correctly. It makes the inbuilt keyboard unusable. I tried replacing the ps2keyboard kext with original one from myhack, then the touchpad stops working completely. Voodoops2 does not work at all for me. Even after removies acpips2nub I end up getting kernal panics. So I guess I will go back to using my external mouse now. :P

So I guess the issue me and the OP has is that the function key is enganged by default, and normal alphabets can be enetered only if I manually press the function key. Any ideas to solve this? Can I do some tweaks in the info.plist, of appleps2keyboard.kext?

Thanks for your efforts though. Its good to see a working touchpad. Hope this issue can be solved.

As for the number pad problem, may I suggest to change the KeyBoardNumLockOn key to false? It is in ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

Thank you so much for your work on the Elan driver!

Running a Samsung NP880Z5E Core i7 here with Mavericks 10.9.1.

The Elan driver works well for the most part, but it is not giving me a "right click" capability on the smart pad. I have tried mouse mode, three finger tap, two finger tap, etc. Also have tried changing settings in plist to see if that would have any effect.  It didin't

The multi finger taps work, swipes work. It all seems to work except anything that would give me a basic mouse right click.

Any help to get the right click working on the smart pad would be very appreciated.

I am running Elan driver 3.5. When I try to install the 4.0beta neither the keyboard or smart pad function and I have to use a USB keyboard and mouse to get the system back to 3.5.

I am booting off of an external HD via USB port if that matters, using the Chameleon boot loader.

Regards,

Darryl

Stange, I will try to contact the beta tester who has similar keys and will fix asp. Please wait for some time.

If you want a beta tester I can help. Can any kext edits disable the function key being entered with those keys?

Hi everyone,

I started this thread in order to know the bugs in my driver, so please post your issues here and I'll try to fix them. After fixing the issue, I'll mention it in the my post.

CHANGE LOG:

Version v3.0.2

• Fixed a bug in right click button in v4 hardware
  • Fixed a bug in App switch swipe gesture which was making right click not working
  • Changed Fn key mode to 1 and disabled experimental elastic effect

Version v3.0

• Reworked on almost every feature from the scratch to make it better
  • Added support for new firmwares from v4 hardware 
  • Added EAPD fix support for realtek codecs
  • Added more functions for gestures option list
  • Added new effects to scroll
  • Improvements to everything
  • Fixed so many bugs

UPDATE: Version 2.8.3 

• Disabled some of the features which are not used to for the most, so if you want enable them from plist after reading details about that feature
  • Changed Notification centre function from Soft mode to Keyboard shortcut of Apple in Keyboard Preferences
  • Improved Swiping and dragging
  • Changed Plist options for enabling/disabling swipes from 4 options to 2(3FingersSwipes and 4FingerSwipes)
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Changed FingerLift dragging timeout from 0.5s to 0.1s

UPDATE: Version 2.8 released (Sorry for long delay)

• Fixed issues related to Keyboard and touchpad Kexts, which are not loading properly due to kernel cache issues
  • Added new Feature "Taps Feature Toggle" for enabling/disabling some features using Double/Triple Taps (Read Taps Feature toggle section for more details)
  • Changed 'Three Finger Press gesture' for v3 hardware to Show Desktop
  • Improved Three and Four Fingers Swipe gestures detection
  • Fixed Fn keys mode key mapping issues in Keyboard kext
  • Added option(need to set the value to "disable" for Fn key) to disable Fn key Mapping in Fn keys mode
  • some bug fixes

UPDATE: Version 2.7.5

• Removed CommandKeyPos plist entry, now the driver detects it automatically
  • Added new Fnkeys mode  without using fn key and mapped keys to Apple Fn keys layout
  • Reworked Keyboard from the scratch for Normal and Extended Key Sequences, check the keyboard section for updated details
  • Fixed NumLock key for enabling/disabling num keys properly
  • Fixed ISO layout issues in the previous version
  • Fixed double tap to drag for v4 and some dragging issues
  • Added timeout for finger lift drag release and the timeout can be edited in plist entry "FingLiftDragTimeOut", default value is 1/2 second (500ms)
  • Added acceleration preference option in plist, for details read Pointer Acceleration tables section
  • Added support for Asus Fn key driver to enable/disable touchpad with the fn key Fn+F9
  • Improved Corner tapping detection
  • Fixed Single tap issue which was not releasing in safari and finder back buttons
  • Added Control + Pause/Break key to eject Optical drive
  • Assigned Scroll Lock key for enabling/disabling Inertial scroll
  • Optimized some features
  • Fixed many bugs

UPDATE: Version 2.6

• Added new feature Fnkeys mode to access standard fn functions using right Context key as fn key
  • Added few more functions to swipe gesture
  • Added few enhancements to keyboard (check those in keyboard section)
  • Added new features Continuous and Inertial Scrolling effects
  • Reworked Edge swipe and Corner tapping features to better
  • Reworked Scrolling for both two finger and edge which is very smooth now
  • Fixed Double tap to drag on Windows
  • Fixed an issue for driver to work in Lion
  • Improved code for all the features with optimizations
  • Smoothed Mouse pointer with some acceleration tables and curves from Mac touchpads( so accelerations apps I said are not needed mostly)
  • Added a workaround for ALC269 jack sense after sleep(only for those users who have this issue)
  • Many Bug fixes

UPDATE: Version 2.1.3

• Fixed a bug with Right Click
  • Improved code for Three/Four Finger Swipe to v4 hardware
  • Improved with Touchpad detection after sleep

UPDATE: Version 2.1 Final

This update brings every feature of the touchpad for v3 and v4 with improvements to the already released features.

• Added the features Swipe, Zoom, Rotation, Tapping and many other, so check my details above
  • Improved all the features of v4 hardware
  • Integrated the code of v3 with v4 in a single Kext
  • Added the feature Edge Swipe to v3 hardware
  • Improved the code of v3 hardware across all the features

ISSUES: 

Fixed Issues

Hey, my trackpad is responsive, but i cannot change my settings from system pref. it said its waiting for bluetooth trackpad to connect.

Acer A46CM.

Please how?

I'm using v4 beta.

Hi, I've installed 3.5 version and it work very well, thanks.
I'm using the FnKeyApple  (without press Fn key), all keys work except F3 and F4 for adjust Keyboard Backlight, if I install the kext AsusNBFnKeys 2.0, so with Fn+F2, and Fn+F3, I can adjust the keyboard backlight.

How can I adjust it without pressing the Fn key? If possible of course.

Thank you very much!

Asus Zenbook UX32VD - Mavericks 10.9.1

Sorry, I forgot to mention about the dsdt patch required for the Asus keyboard backlight to work. There is a new version coming next week and i'll add the patch required for the asus keyboard backlight so you can test.

• Like 1

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

Thank you very much for Elan Touchpad Driver!  Ver. 3.5 works very well on my Asus N43SL (ver.2 hardware).

As for the number pad problem, may I suggest to change the KeyBoardNumLockOn key to false? It is in ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Yes, i've figured out this problem with beta tester. From next version, it will be set to false.