ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

it doesnt work for my asus a43sv vx270d

already deleted all Apple PS2 Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2 Keyboard, old ElanTouchpad Kexts

i dont use vodoo kext..

after install your kext and reboot, then my trackpad isnt responding at all..

heres my log

1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded

1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v1.8.2 beta by EMlyDinEsHMG © 2012

1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad

1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: Elan: FirmWare Version 4525825

1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 3 (with firmware version 0x450f01)

1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000

1/8/13 10:57:25.000 AM kernel[0]: ApplePS2Trackpad: ALPS GlidePoint v4.16

please help me..

EDIT..

after i delete ApplePS2Trackpad kext, my trackpad are work..

thanks..will review again if there are any issues..

Ok,big update is coming soon.

Hi

Excellent job.

Track pad works on my Samsung Np300 E5x S01IN. But I cannot double tap and drag. Also single tap and drag is working only when tried slowly. While scrolling rotation gesture is fired sometimes.

I tried enabling Tap and drag in info.plist. But still it wont work

Update:

With latest version double tap  and drag works. But I have to try it slowly. Otherwise it wont work.

Yes, you need to double tap slowly to drag as I said in my post for v3 else try to edit plist file for SingleTapDrag entry to Yes for getting fast double tap drag but you will get some slow tap click response for this. Even you can use Hold drag which is easier to drag than double tap. Plz go through my thread for all the details so you can understand everything.

Hello,

When I want to select a sentence, I can't move the mouse cursor while pushing the trackpad down like real mac. Instead, I need to push down the trackpad, release it and then move. Is there any solutions? Thanks.

Hello,

When I want to select a sentence, I can't move the mouse cursor while pushing the trackpad down like real mac. Instead, I need to push down the trackpad, release it and then move. Is there any solutions? Thanks.

Is your dragging working? Did you enable Clicking and Dragging at Trackpad settings in System preferences? If the dragging is working then you can able to select the text like you want. There are four types of dragging so you can select the text in those four ways so look at my thread for the details

Is your dragging working? Did you enable Clicking and Dragging at Trackpad settings in System preferences? If the dragging is working then you can able to select the text like you want. There are four types of dragging so you can select the text in those four ways so look at my thread for the details

Thanks for you response! I'll check that. And I found out I can't move the scene in all directions in Photoshop with two fingers. I can only move the canvas vertically or horizontally. I also can't scale the canvas gradually in Photoshop or Illustrator with two fingers. Is this a problem or settings issue? Thanks.

Thanks for you response! I'll check that. And I found out I can't move the scene in all directions in Photoshop with two fingers. I can only move the canvas vertically or horizontally. I also can't scale the canvas gradually in Photoshop or Illustrator with two fingers. Is this a problem or settings issue? Thanks.

Are you taking about zooming with two fingers then its not possible for linear scaling for now since its little complicated to implement without giving problems to other features so instead i chose step wise scaling but I'll look into this in future.