ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hello,

When trying to load the kext, any version, it gives me this error:

kxld[com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid segment type in MH_KEXT_BUNDLE kext: 42.

I have a Mac osx lion 10.7.5 on an Asus 56vz, Clover EFI boot. The only thing that's missing is this kext for the trackpad :-)

I've read this could be related to compilation flags. I have a v4 elan touchpad. I also have tried an old version of the v3 driver and that can be loaded without any problem - but of course it doesn't work for my current architecture.

Please help! 

Regards and thanks for your work!

Jean-pierre

Are you taking about zooming with two fingers then its not possible for linear scaling for now since its little complicated to implement without giving problems to other features so instead i chose step wise scaling but I'll look into this in future.

Yes. So is this your project: https://github.com/EMlyDinEsHMG/ElanTouchpad-Driver ? If so, could you upload the new code and I'll try to add some features if I have time? Multi-touch in Windows is much worse. Thanks.

Hello,

When trying to load the kext, any version, it gives me this error:

kxld[com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid segment type in MH_KEXT_BUNDLE kext: 42.

I have a Mac osx lion 10.7.5 on an Asus 56vz, Clover EFI boot. The only thing that's missing is this kext for the trackpad :-)

I've read this could be related to compilation flags. I have a v4 elan touchpad. I also have tried an old version of the v3 driver and that can be loaded without any problem - but of course it doesn't work for my current architecture.

Please help! 

Regards and thanks for your work!

Jean-pierre

I'll try to compile for Lion again and let you know today. PM me so I can give you the kext for testing and fix this.

Yes. So is this your project: https://github.com/EMlyDinEsHMG/ElanTouchpad-Driver ? If so, could you upload the new code and I'll try to add some features if I have time? Multi-touch in Windows is much worse. Thanks.

I'll upload my code soon may be by the end of this month since I got some cleanup to do in the code and let some optimizations.

Hi,

I removed all files mentioned in the guide (from /system/Library/Extensions and /Extra/Extension) and install the both files in you your 2.1.3 lion package via "kext Utility", restart computer and now no thing works : no keyboard and no touch-pad at all

I can use only external usb mouse.

Any idea to help me ?

Thanks

Update: I came back on the original kexts and so I can use my touchpad and keyboard.

But, If I remove files (ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext) from /Extra/Extension, and install  ElanTouchpad_2.1.3_Lion files : touchpad and keyboard don't work at all

Hi,

I removed all files mentioned in the guide (from /system/Library/Extensions and /Extra/Extension) and install the both files in you your 2.1.3 lion package via "kext Utility", restart computer and now no thing works : no keyboard and no touch-pad at all

I can use only external usb mouse.

Any idea to help me ?

Thanks

Update: I came back on the original kexts and so I can use my touchpad and keyboard.

But, If I remove files (ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext) from /Extra/Extension, and install  ElanTouchpad_2.1.3_Lion files : touchpad and keyboard don't work at all

Hello, Lion files is having some issues so I'll check on it and let you know.

For instance, appleps2controller.kext also has this issue when loading - every kext compiled for lion. 

I'm testing the kext for Lion so wait and I'll upload a new kext  after fixing it. I don't have Lion in my notebook so I can't test it immediately so looking for testers. If you can test then try this and let me know.

Elan_Lion_Test.zip

Sorry, same error.

Can't load kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller - link failed.
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller.
Kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller failed to load (0xdc008016).
Failed to load kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller (error 0xdc008016).
Can't load kext com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad - link failed.
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.
Kext com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad failed to load (0xdc008016).
Failed to load kext com.apple.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad (error 0xdc008016).
kxld[com.apple.ApplePS2Controller]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid segment type in MH_KEXT_BUNDLE kext: 42.
Can't load kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller - link failed.
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller.
Kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller failed to load (0xdc008016).
Failed to load kext com.apple.ApplePS2Controller (error 0xdc008016).