ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Sorry, still no good. The touchpad is recognized but it doesn't work at all. Could it be a DSDT problem? All the other peripherals are working tough....

J

Its very stange, would you able to test this with me at Skype? I need to fix this and i've done so many improvements but want to release the kext after fixing the lion issue.

PM me your skype id if you wish.

Hi I have a Asus x501a-th31 runing ML 10.8.3 nd everything is working except for trackpad and wifi, also I have to boot from usb for now I will work with the efi boot after I get at least the track pad working.  My trackpad is Elan chip numbers are

Elan

33200v-3600

1228 BW127D1

I tried installing every version of the kexts on the post with no luck.

Can anyone help me out?

Hi I have a Asus x501a-th31 runing ML 10.8.3 nd everything is working except for trackpad and wifi, also I have to boot from usb for now I will work with the efi boot after I get at least the track pad working.  My trackpad is Elan chip numbers are

Elan

33200v-3600

1228 BW127D1

I tried installing every version of the kexts on the post with no luck.

Can anyone help me out?

Are you booting from USB now? If so then the ApplePS2xxx kext from the USB Extensions folder might be loading before my driver, so in order to run my kext then you need to have this in USB. If you are booting from HDD and not getting my driver to work then I need your system log file form Console app to help you.

If you let me know your dsdt/ssdt and kexts used so far to get your hardware working then i can add your model to our EDP so you can get better updates on kexts and patches when something related to yours is fixed. Would you share your files? If you have issues then we can help you with that.

i have installed the élan v 2.1 final but gets a kp on it....i have deleted the files as stated but i cant seem to find the elan old kext and also the voodoops2 kext i only have appleps2controller and also apple acpips2nub the rest i have not found

Here is the pic

post-10325-0-02826700-1366600929_thumb.jpg

i have installed the élan v 2.1 final but gets a kp on it....i have deleted the files as stated but i cant seem to find the elan old kext and also the voodoops2 kext i only have appleps2controller and also apple acpips2nub the rest i have not found

Here is the pic

Hello,

seems like you try to boot from USB. I have had the same problem. Just instal chameleon or clover and try to boot from HDD.

Hello,

seems like you try to boot from USB. I have had the same problem. Just instal chameleon or clover and try to boot from HDD.

Well I am booting thru chameleon.i did not boot using usb..can u list out what did u do to make it work??

Its very stange, would you able to test this with me at Skype? I need to fix this and i've done so many improvements but want to release the kext after fixing the lion issue.

PM me your skype id if you wish.

Hello,

Is there any possibility to put your current code under a new branch such as mountain-lion-only and release the kext?

Many thanks!

Hello,

Is there any possibility to put your current code under a new branch such as mountain-lion-only and release the kext?

Many thanks!

I'll be releasing a new version soon and the delay is happening becoz of testing which I did not have along with some issues from my end with Lion and Internet Connectivity so I couldn't be online to make progress with tester. Don't worry soon which will be within a week i'll be updating my code of v4 in github and Lion version also be fixed as I'm working with a beta tester to fix this.