ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

GREAT job. Version 2.6 has been a great improvement over v2.1.3, and I love the inertial scrolling. However, I only have one problem, in that tapping to click takes a while to register, and there's a slight delay between the tapping and the animations on the screen. Also, sometimes a single finger tap is registered as a double finger tap, which randomly brings up the context menu. And also, double finger tapping is registered as a double finger scroll action. Help with this if possible, thanks a lot.  

Which version of touchpad you have? This tap to click has been improved and fixed an issue which was not releasing the click in finder and browser in my next update. Also last time the tap to click was faster than normal speed but this has to be normal for double tap to drag to work so you might see little delay but its normal speed which we see from USB mouse and others. There were some bugs and its been fixed so try the next update which will be release this week and let me know.

Which version of touchpad you have? This tap to click has been improved and fixed an issue which was not releasing the click in finder and browser in my next update. Also last time the tap to click was faster than normal speed but this has to be normal for double tap to drag to work so you might see little delay but its normal speed which we see from USB mouse and others. There were some bugs and its been fixed so try the next update which will be release this week and let me know.

I have v3 of the Elan touchpad... One more problem. The mapping of the fn shortcut keys are not correct. The brightness shortcut that is printed on the keyboard is fn + up arrow(increase brightness) and fn + down arrow(decrease brightness). This doesn't work at all, and the brightness keys are instead mapped to fn + f12(decrease brightness) and fn + Pause/Break(increase brightness). What's wrong?

And thanks for replying. I really like your driver, and have been using it since v1.2, from tonycrapx86. Great job and keep it up!

Edited by SRSR333

I have v3 of the Elan touchpad... One more problem. The mapping of the fn shortcut keys are not correct. The brightness shortcut that is printed on the keyboard is fn + up arrow(increase brightness) and fn + down arrow(decrease brightness). This doesn't work at all, and the brightness keys are instead mapped to fn + f12(decrease brightness) and fn + Pause/Break(increase brightness). What's wrong?

And thanks for replying. I really like your driver, and have been using it since v1.2, from tonycrapx86. Great job and keep it up!

I've the same problem, plus the "<" on my keyboard is not recognized... all Fn keys are wrong.

@EMlyDinEsH

Can you explain us a metod to remapping this Fn Keys, which .plist we have to edit? :D

However GREAT JOB!! Your kext is working totally on my lenovo! The machine recognize the trackpad as Elantech v3 ... thank you very much for your hard work!

Thanks Crew for your driver Elantech. Every features work well, except two fingers scroll. I can't scroll with two fingers. Please fix that bug.

I'm using Asus K45A - VX229 ( Core i3 - 3120m, Intel HD 4000, Elantech toupad,...)

Thanks again :)

Thanks Crew for your driver Elantech. Every features work well, except two fingers scroll. I can't scroll with two fingers. Please fix that bug.

I'm using Asus K45A - VX229 ( Core i3 - 3120m, Intel HD 4000, Elantech toupad,...)

Thanks again :)

two finger scrolling is working, for this you need to change the scrolling speed at Trackpad settings once after installing the driver.

I've the same problem, plus the "

@EMlyDinEsH

Can you explain us a metod to remapping this Fn Keys, which .plist we have to edit? :D

However GREAT JOB!! Your kext is working totally on my lenovo! The machine recognize the trackpad as Elantech v3 ... thank you very much for your hard work!

Just wait for a week as i'm doing more changes to these fn keys and keyboard  and i can give all the details when i'm done with the changes for keyboard to fix ISO layout and some bugs with v4 which is mostly done this week.

just downloaded and installed 2.6 v3, really nice job.

Thanks a lot.

just an issue:

After sleep trackpad is dead, and sometimes also the keyb.

I had it too with the previous version.

Do you know a way to make kext reload after sleep?

I had once a shell script called aftersleep or something, but I think it was different issue, and it was synaptic touchpad, and then it was another system, and so on..

Thanks again

Testing 2.7.5 and it works great! Love the 2nd mode of Fn Keys! :D 

My previous right alt not working issue is gone. Also thanks for including option for Context key working as another Cmd key! 

As far as issues go, so far I've got only one - hot corner still doesn't work for me. Mouse cursor jumps to appropriate corner, but it stays a few pixel shy of the screen border, thus it's not activating assigned function. 

Besides that I've got one suggestion for keyboard driver to include in next update. I use my numpad keys a lot, but I hate that LED indicator for it. Could you possibly add another function to only disable that LED from turning on?

Testing 2.7.5 and it works great! Love the 2nd mode of Fn Keys! :D

My previous right alt not working issue is gone. Also thanks for including option for Context key working as another Cmd key! 

As far as issues go, so far I've got only one - hot corner still doesn't work for me. Mouse cursor jumps to appropriate corner, but it stays a few pixel shy of the screen border, thus it's not activating assigned function. 

Besides that I've got one suggestion for keyboard driver to include in next update. I use my numpad keys a lot, but I hate that LED indicator for it. Could you possibly add another function to only disable that LED from turning on?

I'm glad that its working fine mostly, for hot corners the beta testers have said its working so i don't get it why its not working for you. To help with this i need you on Skype for testing so PM me your skype id and online time in GMT. I'll discuss LED request there.

just downloaded and installed 2.6 v3, really nice job.

Thanks a lot.

just an issue:

After sleep trackpad is dead, and sometimes also the keyb.

I had it too with the previous version.

Do you know a way to make kext reload after sleep?

I had once a shell script called aftersleep or something, but I think it was different issue, and it was synaptic touchpad, and then it was another system, and so on..

Thanks again

Could you explain your issue with the touchpad after sleep? I don't get you clearly