ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi i have tried for a while to have my elantech touchpad working on mountain lion to no avail well sometime before v2.6 worked fone and once it worked out of the box but since my last install it's not working at all no matter what i do.

Any suggestions? Anything that you need from me?

Please send me your system log with my kexts installed.

Hi! First of all thanks for your hard work. I tried to install v 2.7.5 on my laptop asus k52f it has "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad" Mac OS ML 10.8.4. Keyboard works like a charm but touchpad doesn't. Any solution for this? May be i have to edit some files to pass my device or vendor id?

Thanks.

This is info from Ubuntu hwinfo:

Unique ID: AH6Q.ABvIlSyGYdD
  Hardware Class: mouse
  Model: "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"
  Vendor: 0x0002 
  Device: 0x000e "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"
  Compatible to: int 0x0210 0x0002
  Device File: /dev/input/mice (/dev/input/mouse1)
  Device Files: /dev/input/mice, /dev/input/mouse1, /dev/input/event10, /dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-4-event-mouse, /dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-4-mouse
  Device Number: char 13:63 (char 13:33)
  Driver Info #0:
    Buttons: 2
    Wheels: 0
    XFree86 Protocol: explorerps/2
    GPM Protocol: exps2
  Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown

Hi all,

i am right new to the hackintosh world.

Just trying to figure it out how to get the kext working.

follwowed the instructions, but no joy.

I get a message on startup saying "sending elantech magic knock failed"

Using an Acer Iconia W700.

Can anyone help or advisse  should I perform something specific for this tablet?

I tried all of the drivers kindly included, and the last one used was V. 2.75. but with no luck.

Sorry to  post here but this is driving me mad, and i really would appreciate someone's help.

Thx in adv

Marco

Hi! First of all thanks for your hard work. I tried to install v 2.7.5 on my laptop asus k52f it has "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad" Mac OS ML 10.8.4. Keyboard works like a charm but touchpad doesn't. Any solution for this? May be i have to edit some files to pass my device or vendor id?

Thanks.

This is info from Ubuntu hwinfo:

Unique ID: AH6Q.ABvIlSyGYdD

Hardware Class: mouse

Model: "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"

Vendor: 0x0002

Device: 0x000e "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"

Compatible to: int 0x0210 0x0002

Device File: /dev/input/mice (/dev/input/mouse1)

Device Files: /dev/input/mice, /dev/input/mouse1, /dev/input/event10, /dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-4-event-mouse, /dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-4-mouse

Device Number: char 13:63 (char 13:33)

Driver Info #0:

Buttons: 2

Wheels: 0

XFree86 Protocol: explorerps/2

GPM Protocol: exps2

Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown

Did you follow the steps i've explained for installation by removing the kexts i mentioned? Do you see any "Elan:xxxxx " log messages in System log?

There is a new version 2.8 which will be released today/tomorrow with fix for the problems of kexts not loading properly and also has many bug fixe/improvements. So, wait for this version and try it out then let me know if you have issues.

Hi all,

i am right new to the hackintosh world.

Just trying to figure it out how to get the kext working.

follwowed the instructions, but no joy.

I get a message on startup saying "sending elantech magic knock failed"

Using an Acer Iconia W700.

Can anyone help or advisse  should I perform something specific for this tablet?

I tried all of the drivers kindly included, and the last one used was V. 2.75. but with no luck.

Sorry to  post here but this is driving me mad, and i really would appreciate someone's help.

Thx in adv

Marco

If you're getting message "sending elantech magic know failed" then you probably don't have Elan touchpad so first confirm whether you have Elan (or) other touchpads like Synaptics/ALPS.

Hello!

I've tried several kexts on my Hackintosh (ML 10.8.4) but nothing worked (I'm new to Hacks).

So I didn't have any of mentioned in description kexts to delete and after installation nothing just changed.

I have working touchpad after Hackintosh installation, but gestures are inaccessable (only pointer's move and buttons' clicks)

I've found I don't have /Extra folder. Search shown it's Chameleon Bootloader folder, but I use Chameleon 2.2 on my USB stick to boot from HDD (in order to GUID partition table) . Maybe it's a reason of problem?

My touchpad is ASUS PS/2 Port Clickpad, notebook ASUS N56VZ

Thank you very much for developing this kext.  

I had tried version 2.1 final, 2.7.5, and 2.6 to no avail.  On 2.7.5 and 2.6, nothing works, one 2.1 final, the keyboard works.  I unfortunately don't have a mouse to work with to access the console for a proper troubleshooting report.  This is using OSX 10.8.2 on a Dell Inspiron 5720(15R SE).  Thank you once again.

Thank you very much for developing this kext.  

I had tried version 2.1 final, 2.7.5, and 2.6 to no avail.  On 2.7.5 and 2.6, nothing works, one 2.1 final, the keyboard works.  I unfortunately don't have a mouse to work with to access the console for a proper troubleshooting report.  This is using OSX 10.8.2 on a Dell Inspiron 5720(15R SE).  Thank you once again.

try to boot in verbose with the flag -v and look for the messages "Elan: xxxxx" and tell me. Also did you follow the installation of kexts according to my first post?

Hi.

I've been using your kext for quite some time (since at least 1.8) and have been on 2.7.5 since it was available.

My problems have pretty much always been the same.  I must wait 2-3 seconds when grabbing a menu bar until the window will recognize that it has been grabbed and can be moved.  The same goes for releasing menu bars.  I must stop dragging for a couple secs after releasing the button before the window registers that it has been let go.  Also, the trackpad only continues to work about 1/3 of the time after waking from sleep.

I am running 10.8.4 on an Acer 5755-9401, definitely with ElanTech.

Also, I can't seem to find where the binaries are anymore.  Is 2.8.0 available ?

Should I be removing any stock Apple kexts ?  Right now, I simply add your 2 kexts into /E/E.

TIA,

bisk

Hi.

I've been using your kext for quite some time (since at least 1.8) and have been on 2.7.5 since it was available.

My problems have pretty much always been the same.  I must wait 2-3 seconds when grabbing a menu bar until the window will recognize that it has been grabbed and can be moved.  The same goes for releasing menu bars.  I must stop dragging for a couple secs after releasing the button before the window registers that it has been let go.  Also, the trackpad only continues to work about 1/3 of the time after waking from sleep.

I am running 10.8.4 on an Acer 5755-9401, definitely with ElanTech.

Also, I can't seem to find where the binaries are anymore.  Is 2.8.0 available ?

Should I be removing any stock Apple kexts ?  Right now, I simply add your 2 kexts into /E/E.

TIA,

bisk

v2.8 is available in the main thread, so check that one and let me know your feedback again. Please go through plist editing for clear understanding of every feature because many features are active than windows so there might be some conflicts for your understanding.

OK !

Installed v2.8.0 now and the click and drag is much, much better :)  Before, there was a minimum 2-3 second wait necessary after the left click before a window could be dragged.  Now it's a second or perhaps a tad less. Click and drag can still NOT be instantaneous though.  Also, text select seems to work more reliably and the touchpad continues working after wake more often as well.  I think that it's only failed once so far in about 6 sleep/wake cycles.

The touchpad does continue to do a few odd things .  For instance, it randomly causes the current window to go full screen just from a single finger swipe during typing, for instance. It also seems to select things w/o a button click at times as well. 

Perhaps I do not understand all of the possible gestures.  Are there single finger swipes that are meant to cause this behavior ?  Maybe based on the direction or from crossing into a particular segment of the screen ?  I have looked at the Info.plist file contained within the ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext and see MANY configurable options but there is no explanation of their functions that I can see and the option names do not help me in most cases.

Is there documentation for these parameters anywhere ?

Which parameter would help numb single finger swiping sensitivity w/o lengthening the lag between grab and drag ?

All that I really want is basic mouse behavior + 2 finger scrolling and touchpad waking from sleep.  If these could be made to work 100% by simply dropping all of the other fancy features, I'd be very happy :)

What are the basic parameters that I should I leave on to accomplish this ?  What can be switched off ?

Perhaps, I should dumb this device down and then gradually add back functionality to see what's messing things up.

However, this is quite a nice driver even as it exists right now.