ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I installed the Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on my zenbook UX32VD with i5 CPU.

I copied your two kexts to the Extra folder and removed the old ApplePS2, voodoo kexts, but to no avail.

The keyboard and trackpad just do not work. However I can see a line of Elan's copyright output when I boot with -v option. 

I've tried the v2.6 and v2.7.5 both not working. Now once I roll back the kexts to voodoo, everything is fine.

I still prefer to use your kexts since obviously you provide more functionalities than anyone else does.

Could you please help me to fix it?

Thanks,

Kai

Hi

First of all, thanks for your great work

I have a very strange problem, and I really hope it's just some stupid thing so it's easier to fix it

First time I installed your kext ( it was v2.6 ) everything worked flawlessly! I was so happy about it!

Then, all of sudden, it doesn't work anymore.

Keyboard works, I installed the latest version and I also have the numpad and what not, so keyboard is perfect

In my prefpane I do see the trackpad recognized as it was before, but it just doesn't work

How the hell is possible? I tried to remove your kext and install them again, but still, everything is recognized, keyboard works but trackpad does not.

Tell me if I can give you any info to solve this problem, it's really the last thing I miss for a perfect hackintosh! I have Elan v3

Thanks in advance for your time and effort

Hi

First of all, thanks for your great work

I have a very strange problem, and I really hope it's just some stupid thing so it's easier to fix it

First time I installed your kext ( it was v2.6 ) everything worked flawlessly! I was so happy about it!

Then, all of sudden, it doesn't work anymore.

Keyboard works, I installed the latest version and I also have the numpad and what not, so keyboard is perfect

In my prefpane I do see the trackpad recognized as it was before, but it just doesn't work

How the hell is possible? I tried to remove your kext and install them again, but still, everything is recognized, keyboard works but trackpad does not.

Tell me if I can give you any info to solve this problem, it's really the last thing I miss for a perfect hackintosh! I have Elan v3

Thanks in advance for your time and effort

Send me your ioregfile file(using ioregistryexplorer app) and System log(from utitlities app) when its working and when its not working.

Send me your ioregfile file(using ioregistryexplorer app) and System log(from utitlities app) when its working and when its not working.

It doesn't work anymore, as I said it just worked at the very beginning, then it stopped for kinda no reason. I'll send you the log asap, the not-working one

Thanks!

Hi i have tried for a while to have my elantech touchpad working on mountain lion to no avail well sometime before v2.6 worked fone and once it worked out of the box but since my last install it's not working at all no matter what i do.

Any suggestions? Anything that you need from me?

Hi,

I'm very excited when knowing about your driver for ElanTouchpad

But sadly, I've tried some of your build but nothing works :( I don't know why. I've tried ElanV4 1.8.2 beta, v2.1 final mountain, v2.7.5... But nothing happened.

I'm using asus N56VZ on mountain 10.8.4

Please help.

heyy dineshh..i m shridhar im using dell inspiron 5520 its elan touchpad...issue is with voodoo my trackpad works as well as keyboard with fn keys also....but using ur driverss...

v2 : my trackpad works till 2 finger but my keyboard does not works...but usb keyboard works

v3: nothn works xcept usb...

v4:both trackpad and key board works but does not support keyboard exactly as in voodoo because i dont get function keys to use..just normal keys....e.g.(when i press command +q (windows + q) i get somethng lyk dis (oe)).......plzzz help meee and wats diff between v2 v3 v4 ????????does it denotes laptop  hardware??

how can i find out mine?????

heyy dineshh..i m shridhar im using dell inspiron 5520 its elan touchpad...issue is with voodoo my trackpad works as well as keyboard with fn keys also....but using ur driverss...

v2 : my trackpad works till 2 finger but my keyboard does not works...but usb keyboard works

v3: nothn works xcept usb...

v4:both trackpad and key board works but does not support keyboard exactly as in voodoo because i dont get function keys to use..just normal keys....e.g.(when i press command +q (windows + q) i get somethng lyk dis (oe)).......plzzz help meee and wats diff between v2 v3 v4 ????????does it denotes laptop  hardware??

how can i find out mine?????

This is for Elan touchpad, are you sure have Elan touchpad in your notebook? If your touchpad works fine with voodooPS2xx with multi touch then you might have Synaptics.

Hi,

I'm very excited when knowing about your driver for ElanTouchpad

But sadly, I've tried some of your build but nothing works :( I don't know why. I've tried ElanV4 1.8.2 beta, v2.1 final mountain, v2.7.5... But nothing happened.

I'm using asus N56VZ on mountain 10.8.4

Please help.

Did you install the kexts as i've explained in the first post? Please send me your system log file from Utilities app with my kexts installed.