ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Thanks for your answer EMLyDinEsH!! Much appreciated!

With the middle mouse button i mean the bottom three buttons preconfigured. See the image attached. 

It would like to see an option to remove the "middle mouse button".

vpA00Tc.jpg

I got it, will provide option in next build. Please PM me after 21st then I'm going to focus on development more as I'm looking to support some new touchpads too.

Any version I install the keyboard works fine but my mouse wont move or button click so I have to use a usb mouse this is a laptop by the way the onboard keyboard works and the mouse does not (I'm new to hacintosh) 

This driver is only for ELAN touchpads. Do you have ELAN touchpad? Send me your system log(from console app) and IOReg file(use IORegistryExplorer v2.1 or lower) so i can confirm your touchpad. Also how did you install driver?

Thanks for version 4.0.5! It is possible to switch off continuous scroll :)

But I experience another problem. When I switch the  "map Delete to Command + backspace shortcut"  on, and install your  kext it won't work.. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Grtz

Any version I install the keyboard works fine but my mouse wont move or button click so I have to use a usb mouse this is a laptop by the way the onboard keyboard works and the mouse does not (I'm new to hacintosh) 

If you indeed have an Elan touchpad can you try to boot in Windows first and check if it works?

If it works in Windows try to do a reboot (but don't completely shutdown/power off the laptop) and boot into OS X and check if it works then.

Hi, EMlyDinEsH. Thanks for your great work, but the trackpad cannot work correctly on my Samsung  900X3G-K01 with v4.0.5

In Console, there is the following messages in it:

ELAN touchpad found, hardware version 4 (firmware version 0x575f01).

Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 2964 Y_max 1872, CenterX 1482, CenterY 936.

Touchpad enabled.

But the function clicking cannot work totally, no matter one finger, two fingers, or three fingers. It seems the driver cannot sense the tap. I have click the check in the preferences.

Can you tell me what should I do or which log I need to give you, will help to fix this bug?

I'm using Acer aspire 5755g. Core i7, 2630qm. The elan driver is version 4. I believe the detected hardware is version 3. Most of the function is working great.

One minor issue is the Fn key. For most part, it is working like volume up/down, play/pause, mute etc. The only key that's not working is Fn + leftarrow/rightarrow for brightness. The emulated fn function for brightness is working though (alt+F5/F6), so I think fix must be possible, but I don't know where to look. Hope someone can guide how to map the key properly.

Thank you.

Thanks for version 4.0.5! It is possible to switch off continuous scroll :)

But I experience another problem. When I switch the  "map Delete to Command + backspace shortcut"  on, and install your  kext it won't work.. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Grtz

Yes, you can disable from scroll section of plist. Read my features explanation thread for those details. And your second is fixed in my next update. If you want to try then PM me for beta test.

Hi, EMlyDinEsH. Thanks for your great work, but the trackpad cannot work correctly on my Samsung  900X3G-K01 with v4.0.5

In Console, there is the following messages in it:

ELAN touchpad found, hardware version 4 (firmware version 0x575f01).

Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 2964 Y_max 1872, CenterX 1482, CenterY 936.

Touchpad enabled.

But the function clicking cannot work totally, no matter one finger, two fingers, or three fingers. It seems the driver cannot sense the tap. I have click the check in the preferences.

Can you tell me what should I do or which log I need to give you, will help to fix this bug?

I've some fixes for not detecting the touchpad problems from few beta testers and its working fine now. PM me for beta test.

I'm using Acer aspire 5755g. Core i7, 2630qm. The elan driver is version 4. I believe the detected hardware is version 3. Most of the function is working great.

One minor issue is the Fn key. For most part, it is working like volume up/down, play/pause, mute etc. The only key that's not working is Fn + leftarrow/rightarrow for brightness. The emulated fn function for brightness is working though (alt+F5/F6), so I think fix must be possible, but I don't know where to look. Hope someone can guide how to map the key properly.

Thank you.

You mean real Fn key? I want you to do this:

1) Enable debug logs of keyboard using shortcut: Shift + Caps + D

2) Open Console app from utilities and look on the left menu for System log.

3) Enter "kernel" in the top right box of the app and clear display using top menu button

4) Press your Fn key and you'll get log for that key press

5) Copy the log you get for each fn key carefully to a text file and send it to me via PM.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your efforts.

I tried v3.8.5 but it kept freezing my laptop.

Then I tried v3.8.0, it works fine. Tweaked some settings to my liking in plist.

I have two problems with this version:

1. if I want to double click to open folders for example, the cursor jumps on the second click as I obviously touch a little bit here and there compared to the initial click. This causes my second click to be offset compared to the first one.

2. if I start typing then cursor disappears (which is by function) but then it takes around one second to work again. I think this is a part of ignoring accidental clicks but it doesn't work as well as it should.

I recently tried v4.0, it works okay with a few problems:

1. it sometimes stops accepting clicks and taps but gestures work.

2. editing continuous scroll in plist doesn't work. I have set it to false but it still scrolls continuously.

3. two finger drag doesnt work anymore like in v3.8.0

4. FEATURE suggestion: three finger movement of windows like Apple's trackpad.

Thanks again :)

PM me for beta test of new version I'm working one please so i can look into your problems.

I installed with uni beast, i have yosemite 10.10, bootloader chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) v 4.0.1, i installed the kext deleting voodoo ps2 controller, only with v4 of your kext i get keyboard works but mouse not, in system.log the error is :

Nov 10 22:44:37 localhost kernel[0]: ETD :: Initializing ELAN Keyboard...
Nov 10 22:44:49 MacBook-Pro-di-Gabriele.local com.apple.kextd[19]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.emlydinesh.driver.ApplePS2ElanTouchpad, will not load

i can't upload .log files in this forum :(

Do you have ELAN touchpad in your notebook?