ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

@EMlyDinEsH,

Given that this driver is clearly derived from original Apple code, licensed through the APSL (Apple Public Source License), I posted a query regarding the source here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-and-focaltech-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/page-71&do=findComment&comment=47782

Since I never received an answer, I repost here...

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see a link or a download for the source to this driver.

Where is it?

@EMlyDinEsH,

Given that this driver is clearly derived from original Apple code, licensed through the APSL (Apple Public Source License), I posted a query regarding the source here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-and-focaltech-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/page-71&do=findComment&comment=47782

Since I never received an answer, I repost here...

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see a link or a download for the source to this driver.

Where is it?

Sorry for the delay as i was too busy and i've already replied to your request in another thread so please read here             #703            .  I will update my source at github ( where i already have Initial source for my driver released long time ago.

Hello, the driver works on an Asus F301A with Elan touchpad. I can turn it off with the Fn key (F9), however if I set "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" unders systemprefs > accessibility the trackpad stays on, I have an usb logitech mouse plugged in.

OSX yosemite, efi clover, driver v 4.2, 

Hello, my laptop did not work scrolling with 2 fingers.

my log

STD :: ELAN touchpad found, Hardware version 3 (Firmware version 0x550f00).

os x yosemite, chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), kext v4.2

sorry for my bad english

hi!

i got a problem with the ex on my acer s3 951 elan v4 and yosemite. trackpad work as a mouse without kext and not working with kext installed. it says "no trackpad detected".

any help please...

tks

ok...solved...

redoing the OS X install i got the kext 4.2 working, but not the scrolling...same as krlos above.

touching the scrolling speed my scrolling starts working.

Hello,

the driver won't work for me. It's an  Asus TP300LA, and I THINK it's a FocalTech touchpad, since people say "it's Asus' new touchpad" (which doesn't work with Linux either btw). However, I tried this driver and it didn't recognise the touchpad.

Thanks!

Yeaa.. So do I, on Asus TP300LD

I'm really sure it's using elan touchpad.

Tried 4 & 4.2 version..

No trackpad found

Hello,

Driver works almost perfectly on V3 hardware (Lenovo G480) running OS X 10.10.2 on clover.

Problem I'm having: after sleep/wake, pointer and scrolling speed changes to a very slow setting. Anyone have this problem or know a fix?

Edit: Now works correctly. The problem was caused by the key Elanv3HWLegacyMode=true in the Info.plist.