ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

I've got an ASUS K46CM notebook and the key mapping is a bit off.

this is qwertyuiop typed on the notebook: qwerty456*

asdfghjkl = asdfgh123

zxcvbnm = zxcvbn0

It's like having the numeric keypad on keys uio/jkl/m

What do I have to configure to make it work right? (It's ABNT2 layout, but I prefer using US)

edit: keyboard mode = 3 and id = 1B fixed the keyboard layout. changing scroll speed enabled 2f scroll (oh the readme..). but option to turn off numlock on boot isnt working

it's because the numlock is on at boot, just turn it off in keyboard plist. Mine is work. Asus X450JF.

Hi i have a Lenovo G580 with trackpad ACPI\ETD0613, what version should i install on my notebook? because i tried v4,v3 and v2 mountain lion final and when i rebooted my trackpad didn't work (it only works with voodoops2controller but without gestures). P.s. I have Yosemite.

Thank you for your work!

i am using asus k56cm, and have installed yosemite 10.10, i installed elan kext ver3.8.5 and also v4, but both have the problems:

In the login screen, i double click on user symbol but nothing happen, i must press the left button

When i use my laptop for a while, about 30mins, i have a problem with the draging function, i can drag item but i can not release them. After logging off, or shutting down, or restarting, it works normally

Hi i have a Lenovo G580 with trackpad ACPI\ETD0613, what version should i install on my notebook? because i tried v4,v3 and v2 mountain lion final and when i rebooted my trackpad didn't work (it only works with voodoops2controller but without gestures). P.s. I have Yosemite.

Thank you for your work!

Send me your System log after booting with my kext installed. Also tell me how did you install the kext and OSX version/bootloader?

i am using asus k56cm, and have installed yosemite 10.10, i installed elan kext ver3.8.5 and also v4, but both have the problems:

In the login screen, i double click on user symbol but nothing happen, i must press the left button

When i use my laptop for a while, about 30mins, i have a problem with the draging function, i can drag item but i can not release them. After logging off, or shutting down, or restarting, it works normally

Default 1f tap and dragging are not enabled, so taps won't work other than Left button to click. You need to enable them in Trackpad setting from System preferences, please go through my Read me files and you will understand. 

Default 1f tap and dragging are not enabled, so taps won't work other than Left button to click. You need to enable them in Trackpad setting from System preferences, please go through my Read me files and you will understand. 

Of course, i have checked clicking and drawing on my trackpad setting, when i start up my laptop, click and dragging have worked well for 30-45mins, but after that it have the problem as i have told above, and also the hot corners did not work too

Hello, I'm trying to install to Gigabyte U2442F running Yosemite however during boot I get the message "Retrying ps2 command 0x0b" then it reboots. I think the problem is at "ApplePS2ElanTouchpad/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.cpp" according to https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=61151#c2 which suggests that changing

etd->reg_10 = 0x0b

to

etd->reg_10 = 0x03

would fix this issue on Gigabyte U2442. The repo on GitHub seems to be old, so can you help make a device-specified version of your driver? Thank you for your great work.

Attached is the error message just before it reboots.

post-67986-0-43181800-1415441316_thumb.jpg

Okay, I've managed to patch the binary myself. Here I provide the details for my patching process. File: ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad

Modify:

01d9d (dec 7581) 41 C6 86 F5 03 00 00 0B               // mov        byte [ds:r14+0xf5], 0xb

To:

01d9d (dec 7581) 41 C6 86 F5 03 00 00 03               // mov        byte [ds:r14+0xf5], 0x3

Maybe you can add a device-specific code to prevent from rebooting on troublesome Gigabyte laptops. Thanks for your awesome driver!

Thank you for your work!

I had this same problem with Yosemite. As it needs driver signing, you must override that.

To do so, boot with the kext-dev-mode=1 argument.

@Emily, can you sign this driver so we don't need to do this?

If you have clover, add the following lines under your "Boot" config area:

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

If you have Chameleon or one of its spinoffs, open your /Extra/org.Chameleon.boot.plist file and make sure it has something like this in it:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

If not, add it. Save and reboot.