ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hello,

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 on Lenovo Z50-70, i've tried every kext and installed them properly mouse is floating, can't double click, scrolling can't stop, always rolling up or down... I don't know what esle to do, everything else seems to work on my computer, sound, sleep, brightness control, sound keyboard control and batttery ( even if it goes down pretty quickly...)

If any one can help, i would really appreciate. Thank's.

Config : Lenovo Z50-70 i7 451U, 8gb ram 2x4 800mhz, Corsair LS SSD 120 Go, Nvidia GeForce 840M and Intel HD 4400.

What you mean every kext ? all are my kexts or others too ? Let me see your System log and ioreg with my kext installed. Also try to read documentation of the features i've explained to understand them as i have Z50 which is working fine here.

Thank you for replying. 

I meant that i tried every last version of your kexts and the only one which works quite fine for me is 4.2 final. The mouse works just fine, except i can't double click by double tapping the pad and scrolling is very slow. 

If you're telling me it's difficult to get better and i should be grateful for having this working all ready then, it's good for me, i'll wait further releases and see. I have ton mention i'm under yosemite 10.10.2 now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5yzk57ulkcgzwl/bootlog.log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jco6dod8onsfsni/MacBook%20Pro%20de%20Gr%C3%A9goire.ioreg?dl=0

I tried to read all documentation about your work and bravo BTW.

Hello. I have a problem with trackpad.  Movement is very unpredictable. 

I have Laptop Samsung R730. I install latest Clover and El Capitane OS. Almost everything is working. Trackpad is working well with VoodooPS2. 

But I try SmartTrackpad kext for keyboard extension and keyboard Numpad keys is working like I expect. But Touchpad - some time cursor move itself after sliding. Some time its position jumping.

I try to change some values like Acceleration and another but no result. I turn off many boolean parameters like 2 3 4 fingers and so.

Can I use for example just keyboard features? Or turn off any features for Trackpad ? 

Thanks.... Sorry for bad english. 

Thank you for replying. 

I meant that i tried every last version of your kexts and the only one which works quite fine for me is 4.2 final. The mouse works just fine, except i can't double click by double tapping the pad and scrolling is very slow. 

If you're telling me it's difficult to get better and i should be grateful for having this working all ready then, it's good for me, i'll wait further releases and see. I have ton mention i'm under yosemite 10.10.2 now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5yzk57ulkcgzwl/bootlog.log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jco6dod8onsfsni/MacBook%20Pro%20de%20Gr%C3%A9goire.ioreg?dl=0

I tried to read all documentation about your work and bravo BTW.

I have new version 4.5 so if you help me with  beta test then i can tweak. PM me for tests.

Hello. I have a problem with trackpad.  Movement is very unpredictable. 

I have Laptop Samsung R730. I install latest Clover and El Capitane OS. Almost everything is working. Trackpad is working well with VoodooPS2. 

But I try SmartTrackpad kext for keyboard extension and keyboard Numpad keys is working like I expect. But Touchpad - some time cursor move itself after sliding. Some time its position jumping.

I try to change some values like Acceleration and another but no result. I turn off many boolean parameters like 2 3 4 fingers and so.

Can I use for example just keyboard features? Or turn off any features for Trackpad ? 

Thanks.... Sorry for bad english. 

Strange. What is your touchpad vendor ? PM me as i have new build so i can debug and tweak your problem.

Hi, EmlyDinEsh. I noticed that the driver require synaptics version to be 7.5+, does it include version 7.5 or not ?

when using VoodooPS2Controller, I have the follow output:

VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.5

Will that touchpad supported by your driver?

Bug report:

1, My device: MSI laptop GE60 2PC, Elan trackpad

2, Yosemite 10.10.5, Driver 4.4.5

3, Problem: Can not disable trackpad when use mouse

I can not turn it off with the Fn key (F3). It will turn off but when I move my mouse (Logitech) or touch some on trackpad, the trackpad will enable.

I try to  set "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" in Systemprefs > Accessibility but the trackpad stays on.

I see in VooDoo driver, they run a daemon to enable this function (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller), hope you can fix this issues, I read some one report the same in this thread.

I've upgraded to El Capitan then the problem occured again. After period of time (random) the touchpad's losted control and the pointer floating to the side of screen (ramdom side too). If I plug the USB mouse, it's still floating until it's stopped, so I can control the pointer again with external USB mouse but the touchpad was lost until I restart.

My touchpad is FocalTech

pnp 00:06: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs FLT0102 SYN0a00 SYN0002 PNP0f03 PNP0f13 PNP0f12

I attached the system.log and saved ioreg

Pro.ioreg.rar

system.log.rar

Thanks for created aweasome kext. I found it worked better than Linux (I had triple boot)

How do I change sensitivity of click event? Sometimes I click on trackpad but nothing happens. I think press area is important not pressure. I noticed it fails if I click using just tip of the finger (even with high pressure). Also this happens only with one time click. Double click works well.

System: 10.11.1 El Capitano, 4.4.5, ELAN

hi,

there's some weird behaviour that started around version 4.4.5, and still present in 4.5, but wasn't present (or wasn't as prominent) in 4.4..

1) Explain your problem clearly like how to reproduce it again.

on an asus zenbook ux305fa, with continuous two finger scroll and edge scroll completely turned off, if i scroll without intertia, e.g. not flicking, rather just leaving two fingers on the trackpad and dragging, when i remove my fingers, if i'm not reeeeally careful (and sometimes even then) the touchpad acts as if i did a fling. this is really irritating when trying to stop at a precise point in e.g. a webpage or pdf.

2) Mention your OSX, boot loader and my driver version used to test.

i'm using 10.11.1 with clover uefi. versions 4.4.5-4.5. 4.4 seems a lot better, i think this has something to do with separating the different hardware versions in the Info.plist, e.g. ELANv4 ELANv3 etc.

my detected hw version is the ELANv4 clickpad.

3) Send me your system log file from /var/log after boot and ioreg file saved using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 or lower.

i'll attach them if you really think it's necessary, but this seems like a configuration issue rather than directly hw related.

4) Also provide info about any custom plist edits if you did.

i'll upload the modified .kext here for reference. i've edited the keyboard driver's Info.plist heavily, but the touchpad .plist is mostly default (aside from remapping four finger swipes etc.).

thanks,

bamdad

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.zip

Kext: SmartTouchPad v4.5 Final

Device: Synaptics ClickPad v8.1

Problem: After wake up from sleep, toucpad not working (USB working fine)!

And i periodic have problem with Alt key.

This randomly not working!

When i press Alt+Space (for change language), language not changing, but Space wrote to string!

I bind "Show desktop" on Alt + F3, and periodic i cannot starting it.

I editing plist, but this problem have without any plist edit!

(Enable Fn Mode 1, change scroll to inertial, change smooth pointer to 1).

Console log and IOReg:

Console_log.zip

MacBook Pro — Dmitry - ioreg.zip