ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

EMlyDinEsH

Hi, EmlyDinEsh. I noticed that the driver require synaptics version to be 7.5+, does it include version 7.5 or not ?

when using VoodooPS2Controller, I have the follow output:

VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.5

Will that touchpad supported by your driver?

7.5 may work if its not using pass-through packets. Try my driver once, if you want support then PM me for beta test.

Bug report:

1, My device: MSI laptop GE60 2PC, Elan trackpad

2, Yosemite 10.10.5, Driver 4.4.5

3, Problem: Can not disable trackpad when use mouse

I can not turn it off with the Fn key (F3). It will turn off but when I move my mouse (Logitech) or touch some on trackpad, the trackpad will enable.

I try to  set "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" in Systemprefs > Accessibility but the trackpad stays on.

I see in VooDoo driver, they run a daemon to enable this function (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller), hope you can fix this issues, I read some one report the same in this thread.

My driver does not support that ignore option yet, but you can manually enable/disable touchpad using Fn key (Read Fn keys mode in my keyboard features).

• Like 1

I've upgraded to El Capitan then the problem occured again. After period of time (random) the touchpad's losted control and the pointer floating to the side of screen (ramdom side too). If I plug the USB mouse, it's still floating until it's stopped, so I can control the pointer again with external USB mouse but the touchpad was lost until I restart.

My touchpad is FocalTech

pnp 00:06: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs FLT0102 SYN0a00 SYN0002 PNP0f03 PNP0f13 PNP0f12

I attached the system.log and saved ioreg

attachicon.gifPro.ioreg.rar

attachicon.gifsystem.log.rar

Thanks for created aweasome kext. I found it worked better than Linux (I had triple boot)

Did you try v4.5 ? If its still there then try to remember what are the gestures and keystrokes you did before it happens. Also are you using any custom plist edits ?

How do I change sensitivity of click event? Sometimes I click on trackpad but nothing happens. I think press area is important not pressure. I noticed it fails if I click using just tip of the finger (even with high pressure). Also this happens only with one time click. Double click works well.

System: 10.11.1 El Capitano, 4.4.5, ELAN

Try v4.5 and see. If you still think its not sensitive then PM me so i can debug and find the reason. Also i have sensitivity plist option in 4.5 which is set to max sensitivity default.

hi,

there's some weird behaviour that started around version 4.4.5, and still present in 4.5, but wasn't present (or wasn't as prominent) in 4.4..

1) Explain your problem clearly like how to reproduce it again.

on an asus zenbook ux305fa, with continuous two finger scroll and edge scroll completely turned off, if i scroll without intertia, e.g. not flicking, rather just leaving two fingers on the trackpad and dragging, when i remove my fingers, if i'm not reeeeally careful (and sometimes even then) the touchpad acts as if i did a fling. this is really irritating when trying to stop at a precise point in e.g. a webpage or pdf.

2) Mention your OSX, boot loader and my driver version used to test.

i'm using 10.11.1 with clover uefi. versions 4.4.5-4.5. 4.4 seems a lot better, i think this has something to do with separating the different hardware versions in the Info.plist, e.g. ELANv4 ELANv3 etc.

my detected hw version is the ELANv4 clickpad.

3) Send me your system log file from /var/log after boot and ioreg file saved using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 or lower.

i'll attach them if you really think it's necessary, but this seems like a configuration issue rather than directly hw related.

4) Also provide info about any custom plist edits if you did.

i'll upload the modified .kext here for reference. i've edited the keyboard driver's Info.plist heavily, but the touchpad .plist is mostly default (aside from remapping four finger swipes etc.).

thanks,

bamdad

PM me for beta test as i need to debug your case.

Kext: SmartTouchPad v4.5 Final

Device: Synaptics ClickPad v8.1

Problem: After wake up from sleep, toucpad not working (USB working fine)!

And i periodic have problem with Alt key.

This randomly not working!

When i press Alt+Space (for change language), language not changing, but Space wrote to string!

I bind "Show desktop" on Alt + F3, and periodic i cannot starting it.

I editing plist, but this problem have without any plist edit!

(Enable Fn Mode 1, change scroll to inertial, change smooth pointer to 1).

Console log and IOReg:

attachicon.gifConsole_log.zip

attachicon.gifMacBook Pro â€” Dmitry - ioreg.zip

Seems like your touchpad is Clickpad and i've not seen touchpad like yours so far in beta tests because its acting diff according to logs. So if you can help me with beta test then i can solve your problems. PM me for beta test.

7.5 may work if its not using pass-through packets. Try my driver once, if you want support then PM me for beta test.

My driver does not support that ignore option yet, but you can manually enable/disable touchpad using Fn key (Read Fn keys mode in my keyboard features).

I can disable touchpad now. Thanks for your great driver and support.

hi EMlyDinEsH , i get some issue with smart touchpad kext,,  my touchpad is synaptic, 

i get my touchpad doesnt work correctly, sometimes it auto click and i need usb mouse to stop that, and multitouch doesnt work,, i try to scroll using multitap but doesn't work.. sometimes clickpad doesnt work,, but touchpad work,, my notebook is toshiba c840,,,

EL capitan 10.11.2

Clover bootloader

Touchpad driver 4.5

sorry for my bad english EMlyDinEsH

here my ioreg and system log,,

Archive.zip

Hi, I installed the driver on a TP500LN touchscreen laptop, trackpad is ok, but the touchscreen, that was working fine with VoodooPS2Controller, now always automatically clicks when i tap on it, drawing selection squares on the desktop, scrolling automatically in the browser and selecting text at the same time, and bringing the new windows to the top of the desktop when i select it. EMlyDinEsH, i'm sending you a pm to join the beta-test for the latest driver, meanwhile, if you can sort out something to fix this i'll thank you in advance.

Edit: I was wrong, touchscreen is bad even with VoodooPS2Controller, i remembered wrong, sorry.

Thank you for this driver.

Three finger left/right swiping doesn't work on my Asus UX32LN, with ELAN touchpad v4 (firmware version 0x361f02).

Three finger swipe up/down works, and shows the launchpad or the app switcher.

OS X 10.11.2, Clover, driver from ELAN_v4.0.5.zip.

syslog+ioreg.zip

EDIT:

Looks like I may have to edit Keyboard Type ID in ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

As described here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5969-details-about-the-enhanced-keyboard-for-smart-touchpad-driver

Is there an ID for Danish?