EMlyDinEsH

ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

Hi there!!

i don't know if i'm missing something but when i install ver. 4.6.5 the trackpad doesn't work, nor movement or clicking.

Thanks.

Hi,

sometimes my touchpad become unusable and the cursor going to the edge/corner,

my laptop is asus X455LA with Focaltech touchpad running on 10.10.5. currently I'm using Smart Touchpad version 4.5, if I use version 4.6 / 4.6.5 I cant use the touchpad, even in verbose I see Touchpad Enabled

is anyone have same issue with me?

Hi mate! I love your work and I have been using your ApplePS2SmartTouchpad kext on my ASUS X550LD which sports an Elan touchpad quite happily, with ever gesture working, and it works beautiful. My only complaint is that sometimes it simply won't load, and keyboard and touchpad become unusable. A reboot fixes that. This problem that I described only seems to happen with OS X Mavericks, after Yosemite your kext never ever fails. I want to stay in Mavericks for many reasons, and I would love if you could look into that.

The main reason I am posting here is because of another hack of mine:

Lenovo Thinkpad L420 with which I used VoodooPS2 Controller RehabMan fork and many others and they work well, but 4 out of 5 times it simply won't load, and I have to reboot. As you understand this is not really an acceptable situation. So I decided to use your kext, and it works ( I am on OS X Mavericks by the way)   :D

It loads every single time, and it loads 4 out of 5 times after a sleep cycle, which is so much better than Voodoo

Thing is, the touchpad doesn't really function perfect and the keyboard simply stops working sometimes. Every 1 finger, 2 finger and 3 finger gesture works. I assume by the size of the touchpad that is not worth to have 4 finger action. Problem is, sensitivity is low, and the mouse seems to be a bit unprecise and unresponsive. There also seems to be a big deadzone, near the edges of the touchpad. The left and right buttons only respond when you click on the far end with a lot of strength and the function of tapping to click either with one or two fingers works really terrible (this didn't happen in Voodoo).

Here goes ioreg with v4.6.5

I wonder if you can do anything about this. Thanks 

systemlog and ioreg.zip

Hi, I'm vavoli. I've tested 4.6.5 and it works on Sierra. The only problem is that I've no prefpane in touchpad so cannot configure it. The kext is in S/L/E with kext wizard. Thanks for any advice and for your work that surely will have a donation. Excuse for my English. I'm Italian.

Hi,

im using your latest (4.6.5) kext with my ASUS UX305FA. There are some bugs that already mentioned by everyone, like sierra's trackpad.prefpane that doesn't work, can not call mission control/launchpad/etc, capslock problem, etc.

but another problem is, i cannot manually change 2 fingers tap to do right click from plist. if i do so, then 2 fingers tap will stop working at all.

i also tried 10.11 prefpane and checked "tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click", but nothing happen

Hi,

im using your latest (4.6.5) kext with my ASUS UX305FA. There are some bugs that already mentioned by everyone, like sierra's trackpad.prefpane that doesn't work, can not call mission control/launchpad/etc, capslock problem, etc.

but another problem is, i cannot manually change 2 fingers tap to do right click from plist. if i do so, then 2 fingers tap will stop working at all.

i also tried 10.11 prefpane and checked "tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click", but nothing happen

I'm having the same issue.  I would like to change 2 FingersTapping to do 21 (Right Click).  This doesn't seem to work. Did you find a solution?