EMlyDinEsH

ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

I'd like to submit another Bug:

Sometimes the Touchpad pointing stops working. i'm able to use the clicks, but the mousecursor stops moving. system.log says this:

looks like it has something to do with scrolling. i have a customized touchpad config.plist. i attached it to  with the complete system.log.

in the touchpad config plist the swipes are deactivated as they are not working on my system (see post above)

My System:

Thanks for reading (-:

Plz PM me as your problem is know and its still not fixed due to beta user failed to help me out when i was fixing. 

Hi ! 

I'm searching a way to set 2FingerTap as Right Click on my Synaptic Touchpad, so I wanted to modify info.plist with Plist Editor Pro. Unfortunately, I can't find the identifier of right click (that should be between 0 and 23 no ?).
Can you enlighten me please ?

Thanks a lot :D  

Hi,

I've enabled MulFingDoubleTaps but I think there is an issue. With 2-finger double tap zooming affects twice.

Sierra 10.12.2, Clover 2.3k 3961

SmartTouchPad 4.7.b5

Elan v4

Hi ! 

I'm searching a way to set 2FingerTap as Right Click on my Synaptic Touchpad, so I wanted to modify info.plist with Plist Editor Pro. Unfortunately, I can't find the identifier of right click (that should be between 0 and 23 no ?).

Can you enlighten me please ?

Thanks a lot :D

Hey, thought I'd try help out as I struggled with this too. The list doesn't seem to have the right numbers for some parts.

The right click is actually 33, middle is 34 and left is 35.

Hope that helps you,

Zach

• Like 1

Hey, I'd also like to request some help.

I have OSX 10.12.2, using Clover to boot, with all kexts installed to /S/L/E.

I'm using the latest version of your driver, 4.7 beta 5.

Attached are my system log, ioreg, and my custom plist.

Currently I have the following working.

• Pointing
  • One finger single/double tap
  • Two finger tap
  • Three finger tap
  • Four finger tap
  • Five finger tap - makes the weird error noise? I think I need a shortcut.
  • Two finger scroll horizontal/vertical, and edge circular scroll
  • Four finger swipes

Unfortunately the following don't seem to work as I'd configured.

• Pinch to zoom
  • Rotate
  • Three finger swipes
  • Finger presses

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you,

Zach

syslog-ioreg-plist.zip

Hey, thought I'd try help out as I struggled with this too. The list doesn't seem to have the right numbers for some parts.

The right click is actually 33, middle is 34 and left is 35.

Hope that helps you,

Zach

Thanks a lot, it's working :) 

Emily, I have the same problem as herrshi. If the other beta tester flaked out on you I would be more than willing to assist! It is indeed caused by scrolling I'm almost 95% sure. I have an Elan Touchpad in my ATIV book 8. It stops responding if I accidentally scroll. The weird thing is i've figured out if I do a four finger push on the trackpad the mouse will usually resume. My hackintosh setup is perfect except for this touchpad it's driving me crazy. Let me know what I need to do and I will do it!

I'm using Elan V2 kext seeing as the others crash my pc!

Kext is working great for me, well done and thanks.  The only issue I have is that my device has volume controls on the keyboard, but also hardware volume control keys on the side.  The keyboard volume keys work OTB, but I am having difficulty figuring out what scan codes to send for the ACPI volume keys.  I've tried all the "standard" PS2 codes I can find without success.  Does anyone which codes to use?  I know the problem isn't my ACPI methods, just for kicks I set them to send the brightness controls and that works fine.  Thanks is advance!

Hi, I just updated to 10.12.2, really strange bug, sometimes my touchpad become totally crazy, moving and clicking alone, or just unresponsive. Most of the time it's working well, do you know why ? I read that it could be due to outdated drivers, but I'm using the 4.7 beta. Any idea ? Thanks ! 

Hi friends, attached I post ioregs and system logs like Elmydynesh proposes, 

I am running on a Lenovo Thinkpad L420, Synaptics 7.2 i think Core i5, 4GB Ram, AR9285, OS: Clover bootloader and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 with your kext 4.7 beta 5

post-80667-0-49332400-1485431284_thumb.png

Mostly everything works properly, thing is that it works because I lowered the necessary pressure for 1 finger tap, but even the solid left and right keys of the trackpad only work if you press real hard... 2 finger tap and scrolling works nice but again, the pressure should be less you have to really drag those two fingers hard xD 

3 finger up for Mission Control, 3 finger Left or Right Switch between desktops as I wanted which is really cool.

I wonder if you could help and perfect that a little with the pressure.

Also, double tapping for drag and 2 finger tap for right click doesnt work very well and the trackpoint (little red ball in the keyboard that is also a mouse) and the 3 corresponding buttons do not work.

The main issue for me is that after sleep the trackpad starts working good like normal, but after a couple mouse strokes or gestures, it happens two things: 

Either the trackpad stops working and the keyboard remains on

Either the computer does a sudden reboot after the trackpad stopped working

So I am unable to use sleep with your kext ( that I love so much more than Vooodoo)

Note that prior to the installation of your kext the computer slept like a charm.

trackpad not working keyboard yes.zip

trackpad working.zip