PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
EMlyDinEsH

ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

Hi, I noticed that assigning Values 6 and 7 to the touchpad preferences doesn't have any effect.

I was trying to enable Switching Spaces by four fingers right and left swiping.

I know this can be achieved by performing the gesture in Keyboard shortcuts, but I want both, a keyboard shortcut (CMD+1 and CMD+2) by working with a mouse as well as swiping to have more comfort and flexibility. 

Is this a bug or not possible?

Thanks very much

Hi, I noticed that assigning Values 6 and 7 to the touchpad preferences doesn't have any effect.

I was trying to enable Switching Spaces by four fingers right and left swiping.

I know this can be achieved by performing the gesture in Keyboard shortcuts, but I want both, a keyboard shortcut (CMD+1 and CMD+2) by working with a mouse as well as swiping to have more comfort and flexibility. 

Is this a bug or not possible?

Thanks very much

Going to need to provide more information: what version of SmartTouchpad are you using, and what trackpad do you use? A simple way to provide this is opening the terminal and entering this command:

sudo dmesg |grep -y std
Additionally, please post your modified plist from SmartTouchpad.

I can confirm that assigning values 6 and 7 to swipes does work on the latest (and all versions I've tried) on an Elan v4 touchpad.

Hello, i have a problem with double tapping and two finger tap (right click). It works maybe at 60% success but sometimes it did nothing. Currently i have version 4.4 Elan V2 on Yosemite 10.10.4. I found out that the problem is in maybe 2-4 version back because now i tried to restore from Time Machine version 3.3 which is the first version that support élan V2 and it works perfect. I also tried change many of thing in plist that could be related to this but nothing helps. So something has changed since version 3.3 that affect it. Maybe someone else have this problem with ELAN V2.

Configs V 3.3 and V 4.4

Configs_V3.3_V4.4.zip

Hello, i have a problem with double tapping and two finger tap (right click). It works maybe at 60% success but sometimes it did nothing. Currently i have version 4.4 Elan V2 on Yosemite 10.10.4. I found out that the problem is in maybe 2-4 version back because now i tried to restore from Time Machine version 3.3 which is the first version that support élan V2 and it works perfect. I also tried change many of thing in plist that could be related to this but nothing helps. So something has changed since version 3.3 that affect it. Maybe someone else have this problem with ELAN V2.

Configs V 3.3 and V 4.4

attachicon.gifConfigs_V3.3_V4.4.zip

Elan v2 hasn't received nearly the attention of the other trackpads in recent versions, however I have a v2 trackpad on one of my older machines, and since 4.3 I've had good (but not perfect) support.

For your two finger tap, you might try incrementally lowering/raising this value in the driver's plist to see if you find a value that works for you. Maybe 3-5 steps at a time.

<key>MulFingTapMaxDelta</key>
<integer>55</integer>

Failing that, 4.4.5 should be released soon; try that.

Thanks double tap fixed by increasing MulFingTapMaxDelta. I also tried playing with TapMaxDelta but i think only solution is in code for this, because if i set double click speed in preference to higher then it doesn't work a lot of times, if i set lower then it work but i must tap so slow, in version 3.3 it worked perfect fast double tap worked every time. Now i set one point lower double click in preferences, but i can't learn tapping that slow. By the way double tap in Elan V2 on my Asus n53jn started working poorly in the last 5 versions. 

Thanks double tap fixed by increasing MulFingTapMaxDelta. I also tried playing with TapMaxDelta but i think only solution is in code for this, because if i set double click speed in preference to higher then it doesn't work a lot of times, if i set lower then it work but i must tap so slow, in version 3.3 it worked perfect fast double tap worked every time. Now i set one point lower double click in preferences, but i can't learn tapping that slow. By the way double tap in Elan V2 on my Asus n53jn started working poorly in the last 5 versions. 

Can you give me an exact description of your gesture (finger position on the trackpad, distance between the fingers, how much of your fingers are making contact with the surface, etc.) so I can see if I can reproduce on my v2. We may need to schedule a debug session with you and the developer if I can't reproduce.

I'm sorry i mean Two finger tap (right click) fixed but there is still a problem with double tap with one finger, by the way you have version 4.4 and élan v2 and no problem with fast double tap at all?

I'm sorry i mean Two finger tap (right click) fixed but there is still a problem with double tap with one finger, by the way you have version 4.4 and élan v2 and no problem with fast double tap at all?

The only problem I had on v2 Elan a few weeks ago was with scrolling being inconsistent. The machine is currently disassembled so I wont be able to play with the trackpad until the weekend.

Is your machine x64 or x86? edit: nm this information was in your first post.

Try this debug build, and get me a log of your issue to pass along to the developer. To do this [note best done with a usb mouse attached]:

• Using the usb mouse so as to not create extraneous logs, open console
  • find System.log on the left, and right click and view in finder
  • Open System.log in a text editor
  • cmd+a to select all, delete text, save the file, overwriting old system.log. You now have a clean log file
  • Do the gesture you're having issues with. Notice the STD output in system.log in your text editor.
  • Save as a new text file
  • Upload here.
edit: file redacted

Hello i made some research, so here is the result:

Correct me if I'm wrong

One single tap:

STD :: Fingers Status changed - Current Finger(s) 1, Last Finger(s) 0, Button Data 0 State 0, Touchmode 0, Touchtime 0, PacketsCount 0, FingOnBtn 0, PID -1, SID -1, RM 0, ESwipes 0, Drag 0, Tap 0

Double tap:

STD :: Fingers Status changed - Current Finger(s) 1, Last Finger(s) 0, Button Data 1 State 1, Touchmode 0, Touchtime 0, PacketsCount 0, FingOnBtn 0, PID -1, SID -1, RM 0, ESwipes 0, Drag 0, Tap 0

Difference between these two is Button Data and State.

If this is correct and double tap is Button Data 1 and State 1 then it show always when i do gesture (double tap), but sometimes it doesn't shows in OS X (explanation: Double tap to open folder, it always shows Button Data 1 and State 1, but sometimes it doesn't open it, same thing is safari double tap to highlight text)

I also made i video for this look carefully on time in terminal.

It happens twice on start and once 0:42 and 1:01.

I've installed Yosemite 10.4.4 on ASUS K450LD (X550A), with SmartTouchPad.kext v4.4 help me can use the TouchPad as nature but it's just working for a short time, the period is random then I lost the touchpad control, the pointer float to the bottom left of screen and always floating there. If I pluged external USB mouse, it's still floatting and can't control it. I can't turn off the touchpad with Fn hotkey after lost control.

Here is my TouchPad

pnp 00:06: Plug and Play ACPI device, IDs FLT0102 SYN0a00 SYN0002 PNP0f03 PNP0f13 PNP0f12

Plz helm me solve it