PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
EMlyDinEsH

ELAN and FocalTech (Smart Touchpad) driver Issues

thanks for the excellent driver.

on my toshiba kira 10d hackintosh i have some strange problem, and i dont really understand why. i am using sierra and the latest beta (and the beta-3 for checking) the first time the driver was loaded, and everything did work perfectly. after some reboots (and *maybe* booting linux and/or editing minor dsdt things) the trackpad simply stopped working. very noticable was a very long delay at roughly 90% of the "loading statusbar" just before login (maybe 1 minute). after 2-3 reboots, the keyboard stopped working too. now even reinstalling the kext does not change anything. the driver is loaded, i can see it with kextstat, but it doesnt work. i also did not see any ...ps2... messages in dmesg. this happened now for the second time. is this kind of behaviour already known? did my booting into linux or editing dsdt (again: minor things for sound and sleep) did change anything?

thanks again!

edit: actually the driver tells me kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Failed to reset the touchpad to default state.

before it did work
kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Detecting the touchpad...
kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Synaptics touchpad found.
kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: Touchpad model: 1, FW version: 8.1, ID: 0x1e2b1, Capabilities: 0xd00223/0x840300/0x12e800, Board id: 3091, FW id: 1787431.
kernel: (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) STD :: ClickPad? Yes

anyone a clue why now initializing (all of. sudden?) does not work anymore?
it is also very consistent, i.e. not like sometime it works, other times it doesn't.

Hey, 
I'm using the last version from you (beta 5)

When I scroll up or down with two fingers, the windows are maximize or change to little view .. and also the swipes with 3 fingers does not work to use multiple desktops.

It would be great if you could solve this.

Also it would be great if you could improve the feature on web browsing that the site can scrolling more up and down. This is a great hook,

Best Regards and Thanks for your work

hi

i want to post my issue, using sierra 10.12.2 and latest version of your touchpad (beta 5)

after some time, the touchpad shows unresponsive pointer and related function

and then in a few minutes, the touchpad stopped working at all, I've to use mouse

thank you,

system.log looks good. can't find what I'm looking for

anyway, have updated to 10.12.3 this morning and the problem still occur

using asus a455lj, intel i5-5200u / intel hd5500 (disabled nvidia graphics)

Hey, 

I'm using the last version from you (beta 5)

When I scroll up or down with two fingers, the windows are maximize or change to little view .. and also the swipes with 3 fingers does not work to use multiple desktops.

It would be great if you could solve this.

Also it would be great if you could improve the feature on web browsing that the site can scrolling more up and down. This is a great hook,

Best Regards and Thanks for your work

Same issue. Using either beta 3 or 5. Windows maximise or minimise using scroll with 2 fingers. Please ehlp as it's very annoying. machine is an Acer S3 -371