Inspiron 1545 & OSX Snow Leopard / Lion

fallen00sniper

• Administrators

I don't know the DW1397, only the DW1390 (which is supported OOB) and the DW1395 (which is supported by patched IO80211Family kext or BCM43xxFamily kext). Have a look at your System Preferences hardware list to check if the card is reported there. If it is, you'll see the PCI vendor id + device id which can be looked for in the kext to ascertain hardware support.

You could also open the laptop to have a look at the car itself and see what chip is on it, what's written on the label.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm actually not sure which file it is, but in the Dell_Latitude_D630-intel-lion.zip bootpack somewhere i am sure the kext for this wireless card is since both the d630 and this laptop have the 1397 so my idea to try that and see if the installer locks up still has been delayed, to be honest i think i still have no clue what to do.

actually i think i will try to figure out which kext is the x3100 video card, remove it and try the d630 bootpack.

scratch that, i think i will just try the bootpack as is, since i have not found any reference to the video card or wireless, just a BCM5722D.kext.

Sorry about multiple posts, using my phone, apparently snow leopard feels more friendly installing and the wireless left may be why it works this time, been installing for 12 minutes and no lock up generic kexts from myhack, might have to upgrade to lion... ?

ok snow leopard installed without a hitch, saw boot0 then windows loaded, so i guess i need to make mac active with diskpart as stated before, then maybe upgrade to lion or leave it as is and change the topic from lion to snow leopard, wish me luck on the reboot... hopefully everything works fine.

i am glad to report with good news, booted fine.

what works:

my camera works fine

keyboard and mouse

what seems to work:

video acceleration, no idea how to find out for sure, i have transparency effects on finder bar menu panels and the dock right click menu.

ethernet port

what does not work:

sound

wifi

sleep

unknown:

anything else important i didn't think to check

the wifi kext seems to have been installed, but wireless is undetected and wondering if i should copy the newest cham bootloader over from the d630 boot pack, my video resolution is 1024x768, known maximum resolution is 1366x768.

also now i am up and running should i try edp? edit: no internet, no edp!

so come on guys, i know your all smarter with this than i am, lets get this laptop cracked and on the bootpack list so next time i install it will be easy for me and someone else that wants this lol

updated chameleon bootloader, worked fine, changed some images and ran myhack to fix permissions and memory allocation error, wonder if it is because i set the resolution to 1366x768x32 lol, nope restored from the backup and added theme support to the original and same issue, reinstalled from myhack pen and same issue, how do you fix a memory allocation error with chameleon?

i'll probably try to update to lion tomorrow, tired and a little frustrated, going to bed.

|
Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x0, Size: 0x5dc0000, File: picopng.c, Line: 77
This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I'm thinking if i remove the theme folder it will boot without using the myhack pen and i am guessing when i copied Aurora.jpg and used preview to save it as a png something went wrong.

Found the edit button lol
I was correct, Aurora.jpg saved as PNG caused the issue.

while i am customizing the look, does anyone know how to change the gray slash screen for while mac is booting?

also

i am trying to get the kext from the bootpack for the d630 to work as wifi worked right away, this is actually my first post from my SL install, had to use my phone to tether for wifi lol.

found these links, might be worth looking at.

links are dead. :(

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/191968-dell-1545-x4500-kexts-plus-dsdtaml-to-fix-black-screen-100-working/

links are dead, but maybe someone still has the files!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/203728-dell-1545-snow-leopard-retailboot132-install/

all links go to a exe that has virus hits on virustotal.com

http://deviato.wordpress.com/tag/1545/

project is retired, but might be of use still and the link works for download, hopefully works lol

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/51725-broadcom-bcm43xx-wireless-driver-beta/page__hl__%20broadcom%20%204312

contacted deviato on his facebook, maybe i can get the kext files and not get anymore garbage links, all in all i think i am getting closer to figuring this out, maybe now someone can help point me in the right direction to get the kext files i need.

no reply yet... guess deviato isn't going to reply.

stating to feel like i am just talking to myself here, is anyone reading this and / or trying to help get this off the ground?

ok i've gotten full native resolution and wifi working, i'll post the full details tonight when i get home from work.

extracted AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext from file downloaded here

used kext helper b7 to install

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

Reboot

post natvie resolution info later, finally able to use my wifi, first official post from my 1545 hackbook without using external methods to access wifi XD!

Just followed the instructions that are posted with the file.

Modified Chameleon 2.0 RC4

also this may be why my dual boot was broken, but i updated to 10.6.8 and it is stuck waiting for DSMOS, so if and when i figure it out i will report back, as soon as i get this going proper, i'll make a seperate topic post to condense and link all the files to my dropbox so anyone else can get them, also i modified the osxlatitude boot logo to osxinspiron to kind of give some credit to you guys.

ok, just needed to run myhack and remove problematic extensions, now i just need to figure out the dual boot situation and hope just making the partition active again actually works this time, so booting from my myhack pen for now, but successfully updated to 10.6.8 and deviato posted on insanelymac and left everything needed for 10.6.8!

also trying EDP and will report that back as well as use the form, it installed lol.

cheers!